Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Screens and Displays

Old 08-01-07, 02:33 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Wow, Dell TFT's have really dropped in price!

I haven't looked at the price of Dell sets in months and just had a gander. The 3007WFP is down to $1274! I remember when I purchased mine all said and done it cost me $2200. Now it's $1000 less. If I didn't have to come up with $2000 by next Sunday for my lawyer I'd be all over another one of those babies. Oh yeah, that is of course if my computer actually worked, ing pos.

http://configure.us.dell.com/dellsto...oc=W3007&s=dhs

Old 08-01-07, 02:43 AM
OC3D Crew

mmmm dell 3007 wfp.. me wants.
Old 08-01-07, 02:46 AM
OC3D Elite

I wouldnt mind one of those, but for that price id buy a 32" LCD TV from Wal mart and add another for a couple more hundred bucks (700 bucks a piece) for 2. Then when i wanted to i could watch South Park at 11 and 11:30 and i could also play Xbox, PS2, SNES, NES, 64, ect whenever i wanted to. Or watch TV and game on my PC at the same time ect.
Old 08-01-07, 02:50 AM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via AIM to FragTek Send a message via MSN to FragTek Send a message via Yahoo to FragTek
Yeah but a 32" TV doesn't give you the uberness of 2560x1600. It's almost more desktop real estate than you know what to do with, I was able to surf four webpages with a set of tiled FF browsers, so gangsta! And gaming on that set is surreal when running games at the native res (which admittedly takes an assload of rendering power, when I had mine I was running dual 7800GTX's which slaughtered pretty hard @ native res without any AA/AF. The second I bumped up the AA my rig just got cained hard. Dual 8800GTX's would be well suited for this monitor mefinks ).

The built in memory card reader and extra USB ports are also a nice useful feature.
Old 08-01-07, 02:57 AM
OC3D Elite

I remember when the 17" LCDs were $2500US, lol what a deal.
Old 08-01-07, 03:08 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Yeah but a 32" TV doesn't give you the uberness of 2560x1600. It's almost more desktop real estate than you know what to do with, I was able to surf four webpages with a set of tiled FF browsers, so gangsta! And gaming on that set is surreal when running games at the native res (which admittedly takes an assload of rendering power, when I had mine I was running dual 7800GTX's which slaughtered pretty hard @ native res without any AA/AF. The second I bumped up the AA my rig just got cained hard. Dual 8800GTX's would be well suited for this monitor mefinks ).
Considering i game at 1920x1200 right now, its not that impressive to me. I could care less between that and 1280x1024. Besides, 2 TVs allow me to do more. Like run HDTV and have 2 DVI input TVs on my machine for less than the cost of 2 Dell LCDs.

Quote:
The built in memory card reader and extra USB ports are also a nice useful feature.
Which takes up 2 USB ports on your machine.
Old 08-01-07, 03:11 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'

Which takes up 2 USB ports on your machine.
Ehhh no, only one. Had one, and it was a single USB connection
Old 08-01-07, 03:15 AM
OC3D Elite

Oh, i figured since it was USB, and a card reader that it would take up 2 instead of the usual 1 cable of a single USB hub. My bad. I guess they are both tied to the single printer USB port in the back? Wouldnt that lag a single USB 2.0 port if to many devices are on it?
Old 08-01-07, 03:23 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='PP Mguire'
Oh, i figured since it was USB, and a card reader that it would take up 2 instead of the usual 1 cable of a single USB hub. My bad. I guess they are both tied to the single printer USB port in the back? Wouldnt that lag a single USB 2.0 port if to many devices are on it?
Yeah I imagine so but you would have to be plugging in external hard drives or something crazy to saturate that bandwidth. I think they were more geared towards input devices and the likes.
Old 08-01-07, 03:26 AM
OC3D Elite

Plugging in to many USB2.0 devices of any kind puts alot of latency on it to cause lag. I suppose plugging in 2 flash cards and some flash drives would cause it to lag some.