Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News

Old 23-06-14, 04:13 PM
News Guru

AMD Hawaii XTX Core confirmed? 3000+ cores!

With the rumors of a more powerful variant of the Hawaii XT core, which is used in the R9 290X, floating around the net again ranging from Blurry die shot comparisons to even the word of professional overclockers, could AMD have one beast of a GPU hidden up their sleeves?

VideoCardz, a site which specializes in the leaking of GPU related information has, thought their secret sources, claim that they have confirmed that a more powerful version of the Hawaii XT core is coming.

Specs for this core is unknown at present, but given the calculations from the die-shot comparisons to other GCN Cores there is a high likelihood that this GPU will have 48 Compute units which will make the specs be as follows.

As seen in the picture above the Hawaii XTX core will have 4 additional compute units, which will give it 3072 GPU cores and 192 TMUs. Which is a increase of 256 GPU cores and increase of 16 TMUs. The ROP count will remain the same as the R9 290X at 64.

Another Mystery Remains, what will AMD call this card, R9 290XT? Perhaps R9 295X?

There will also be one more thing to consider, does AMD have a new and Improved reference cooler design? Or will they go down the AIO route or even offer no reference Cooler and allow the vendors to run wild, I guess we will see soon.

This hypothetical R9 295X, will likely compete well with the GTX 780 TI and Titan Black with a high likely hood of beating them, as well as perform better at 4K resolutions at a time where it is becoming affordable.

I will continue to follow this story as it develops. Please post your thoughts and feelings about AMD's new Hawaii XTX core below, and as always thanks for reading.

Source - Videocardz

Old 23-06-14, 04:17 PM
OC3D Elite

I wonder if Nvidia have a counter to this coming out
Old 23-06-14, 04:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dicehunter View Post
I wonder if Nvidia have a counter to this coming out
290 XTX will sit side by side with the 780ti more than likely.

Nvidia probably holding for the 800 series now.

Laptop
[i7-4710MQ | 16GB | 500GB SEVO | GTX 860M]
Old 23-06-14, 04:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthud1 View Post
290 XTX will sit side by side with the 780ti more than likely.

Nvidia probably holding for the 800 series now.
Not too sure to be honest, If you look at the benchmarks the 290X isn't far behind the 780 Ti, This could bring it out on top.
Old 23-06-14, 04:25 PM
OC3D Elite

The only logical response would be a price decease across the 780 ti's, but even then i still think the 780 ti still stands strong.

Laptop
[i7-4710MQ | 16GB | 500GB SEVO | GTX 860M]
Old 23-06-14, 04:32 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosthud1 View Post
The only logical response would be a price decease across the 780 ti's, but even then i still think the 780 ti still stands strong.
True, The heat that this "Refresh" is going to bring though will be nuts, Unless they've stopped being lazy and refined the engineering process or just slapped another AIO on it.
Old 23-06-14, 04:50 PM
News Guru

Quote:
True, The heat that this "Refresh" is going to bring though will be nuts, Unless they've stopped being lazy and refined the engineering process or just slapped another AIO on it.
Yeah, but there are some good vendor coolers for the 290 series cards, Sapphire's and MSI's are good examples.
Old 23-06-14, 04:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
Yeah, but there are some good vendor coolers for the 290 series cards, Sapphire's and MSI's are good examples.
Yeah true forgot about those, I really hope Nvidia doesn't milk it further by bringing out the 780 Ti-Ultra or something along those lines.

Seriously if they do then I'm off, AMD and Nvidia can both go suck a bag of dicks.
Old 23-06-14, 05:00 PM
News Guru

Quote:
Yeah true forgot about those, I really hope Nvidia doesn't milk it further by bringing out the 780 Ti-Ultra or something along those lines.

Seriously if they do then I'm off, AMD and Nvidia can both go suck a bag of dicks.
There is nothing else in that GPU core to unlock for Nvidia, unless they release a new GPU core they have no options.

But if Nvidia could there would definitely be a 780 TiTi.
Old 23-06-14, 05:08 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsyerproblem View Post
There is nothing else in that GPU core to unlock for Nvidia, unless they release a new GPU core they have no options.

But if Nvidia could there would definitely be a 780 TiTi.
LOL, They might as well call it the 780 TiTi Twister Edition