Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 27-05-14, 03:55 PM
The Guvnor

Noctua Redux Fans

We show off Noctua's latest range of consumer fans, only this time in more neutral colours.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 27-05-14, 04:42 PM

they look much much much better. why haven't they done this before!?!?! they could be rolling in cash by now.
Old 27-05-14, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumper118 View Post
they look much much much better. why haven't they done this before!?!?! they could be rolling in cash by now.
Their marketing is sound. Using the same colour scheme for years, giving amongst the best technical results during reviews, people started to associate the colour scheme with excellence.

I doubt they would have missed out on money that much.

If all BMW M cars were painted in barbie pink, I still think they would have sold as well as they do now. People take them for the performance and the name. And paint can be redone.

I hope TTL will get some industrial PPC fans to test as well. Sincerely looking towards some NF-F12-style fans at 2k rpm (in the hope they can run bit more slowly, but still be better performing than the original NF-F12s).
Old 27-05-14, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xploited Titan View Post
Their marketing is sound. Using the same colour scheme for years, giving amongst the best technical results during reviews, people started to associate the colour scheme with excellence.

I doubt they would have missed out on money that much.

If all BMW M cars were painted in barbie pink, I still think they would have sold as well as they do now. People take them for the performance and the name. And paint can be redone.

I hope TTL will get some industrial PPC fans to test as well. Sincerely looking towards some NF-F12-style fans at 2k rpm (in the hope they can run bit more slowly, but still be better performing than the original NF-F12s).
i think a large number of the people who bought corsair fans would have bought them earlier, even if it was 1 or 2 years ago. they still had a great reputation then and that was when the corsair sp and af fan were at there strongest in my opinion. i see what your saying, i just think they came in a bit late.
Old 27-05-14, 05:26 PM
Advanced Member

I don't like these grey colored ones to be fair. Brown and beige suits me better, they still look good in e.g. a black case. These grey ones would just look really sad to me... So 'inspirationless'. Or is it just me?

Old 27-05-14, 06:09 PM
OC3D Crew

The grey doesn't work with me, but the black 'industrial' fans DAMM their nice.

Also you said that they would be too loud, but they have industrial NF-F12's that come in 2000rpm and in their specs it says they can be brought down to 450rpm (+/-20%) which would still make them silent.

So if it was me, I'd get the 2000rpm industrial nf-f12 with the ip67 rating (just cuz i can dip them in a meter of water for fun without worrying that they'll be damaged
Main Rig: Maximus IV Extreme-Z -- GTX 580 Matrix -- 2500k -- 8GB ripjawsX -- 240GB vertex4 -- CM Silent Pro 1200W -- in a CM HAFX -- cooled by a Raystorm block -- XSPC RX360 rad -- D5 pump -- XSPC dual-bay res

Old 27-05-14, 06:32 PM

Some testing with the industrial ones please
Kept an eye on them ever since Noctua first showed them (last year's Computex?) and really glad to see them released finally.
Also, they seem pretty adamant on their website about those things being "relatively" quiet, so I'd love to get your impressions on that... and even if 3k RPM is a tad on the loud side the specs say they can be turned down to 800RPM (the 140mm ones, the 120mm even down to 750 I think).
So yeah, +1 for a full test + (rushkit?) vid of the industrial ones with regards to noise
Old 27-05-14, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrDMxtreme View Post
The grey doesn't work with me, but the black 'industrial' fans DAMM their nice.

Also you said that they would be too loud, but they have industrial NF-F12's that come in 2000rpm and in their specs it says they can be brought down to 450rpm (+/-20%) which would still make them silent.

So if it was me, I'd get the 2000rpm industrial nf-f12 with the ip67 rating (just cuz i can dip them in a meter of water for fun without worrying that they'll be damaged
I agree - run these at low RPMs and you would hope they are as silent as their standard NF-F12s:
http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=p...9&lng=en&set=1
Old 27-05-14, 07:27 PM
Advanced Member

Based on this video, I'm now rethinking my whole system around using 140mm 1200rpm PWM Redux fans. Means rethinking the radiators completely!

Planned rig: Changing AGAIN...
Old 27-05-14, 08:00 PM

I like the color scheme. It's something new. Maybe if they came out earlier and had the static pressure 120mm. I think I would've bought that instead of the corsair.