Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 13-05-14, 01:26 PM
The Guvnor

BitFenix Fury Power Supply

We take a look at BitFenix's new range of power supplies that come with braided cables as standard.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 13-05-14, 01:40 PM
OC3D Elite

It's a shame they didn't listen and made it semi modular, could have been a sure thing to have gone full modular especially given the competition. Bad show BitFenix
Old 13-05-14, 02:03 PM
News Guru

I do like you fully modular "sell the cables separately" idea, it would be something that could have made bitfenix a little more unique and likely have made their PSUs a must for a great deal of enthusiasts.

if the fan is face down you could perhaps hide the black 24-pin cable behind the other required cables and use an extension to have the correct colour going into your motherboard, but that really highlights the need for a fully modular version.
Old 13-05-14, 02:09 PM

As to the face up, face down issue; this one has to go face down. I hate that regulatory sticker with a passion, its flat out ugly. I also think they dropped the ball with the 24 pin design. For myself its not an issue as I can sleeve anything to how I want it to look. Also a quick comment on the sleeving itself from the video. There is much too much heat-shrink on those cables. I really prefer the heat-shrink-less method. Yet I realize its more time consuming and really an enthusiast thing. They could go with less shrink though I think.
Razer Deathstalker keyboard / Deathadder Black mouse
Old 13-05-14, 03:01 PM

I was hoping it would look nice in my Air 540 but the regulatory sticker will be on show in it .

As TTL said should have been fully modular, then they could have sold the cable as part of a bundle deal or separate
Old 13-05-14, 03:04 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damo666 View Post
I was hoping it would look nice in my Air 540 but the regulatory sticker will be on show in it .

As TTL said should have been fully modular, then they could have sold the cable as part of a bundle deal or separate
Surely you won't see the PSU in a 540? It goes in the back, the only thing you'd see are the cables...
Old 13-05-14, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraithguard View Post
Surely you won't see the PSU in a 540? It goes in the back, the only thing you'd see are the cables...
I would still know its there, also when ever I opened it up it would stand out lol
Old 13-05-14, 03:22 PM
Advanced Member

Bitfenix should supply another sticker that you can put over the specs sticker if you want to.
Old 13-05-14, 05:22 PM
OC3D Elite

I'm not a huge fan of the silver ring on one side. A power supply should be discreet and remain in its little corner without attracting attention, imo.
Old 10-07-14, 06:58 AM

I admit I'm not really deep into asthetics in terms of cable-management and showcasing and maybe that's why I don't mind it to be semi-modular at all and why I love the corsair tx-series so much.
But I surely can think into your point in liking it to have fully modular in terms of colour schemes for the cables.
Elsewise I kind of like BitFenix's approach with the top cover a lot since I don't quite agree with the point that a PSU should lurk in the shadows.
I see a PSU as a fundamental part of a system and not a need-to-have nuisance so why not have show up properly.
Nevertheless I very much like Coolermaster's approach with their sides where the spec-sticker is gone and the logo is put on to have the right orientation independent of how it is mounted.