Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 10-05-14, 01:37 PM

Kraken G10 and H55 on a 680 in pics

Picked up a GTX 680 for £150, seemed like a bit of a deal so im moving my G10 + H55 onto it. Thought I would take a few pics to show how easy it is.

Not a bad card, got the 6pin + 8pin, so slightly better than reference I guess. The Samsung vram is decent though, overclocks very well.

Got up some small copper heatsinks for the VRAM and VRMs, seem fine but I might get some proper thermal tape/pads as im not sure how good the adhesive is on them, but we will see.

Undo all the screws on the back

Then you just unplug the fan and it comes right off. I like to put all the screws back in the standard cooler so they dont get lost

stick the little copper heatsinks on

Old thermal paste removed, and new arctic mx 4 applied. 4 Bolts and thumb screws and its on. Best to only do it finger tight.

And we are done

Stock cooler max temps on valley
Auto: 82'c
Full: 72'c

Kraken G10 +H55 (I run the two fans at 900 rpm constant)
52'c

Obviously the much cooler temps are great, but the best part is the lack of noise. On the H55 I have a Phanteks 120HP in push and a AF120 Quiet in pull, both running around 900rpm.

Old 22-05-14, 05:33 PM

Excellent job. I'm planning on doing something similar. I'm still on the fence if I want to go with the g10. If I do I would do exactly the same thing you did and get copper heatsinks on the memory and vrms. Did you go with thermal glue or tape for the heatsinks? I had a bad experience with thermal glue on the memory chips of my old card. When they say permanent, they mean permanent.

Edit:
Well I pulled the trigger on what to do with my 780 SLI setup. I have 2 sets each of the NZXT G10s and a Corsair h110 for both of them and some solid copper heatsinks for the vrms and vram from Enzotech. Then I'll have to mod my air 540, dremmel out the hot swap bays on the floor of the case then drill out some 140mm fan mount holes. One of the h110 rads going to be mounted in the front and the other on the bottom blowing in and both push/pull with quiet edition fans. It's going to be glorious.
Old 20-08-14, 12:44 PM

Sorry, missed these replys. I went for thermal tape.

Would be interested in pics of your setup too
Old 24-08-14, 09:09 AM

I'm glad I stumbled on this thread.. I've been wondering if a H55 would fit in the back with a rad in the top of the 540. Nice to know that it does. Maybe it's time to put my G10 to use. lol
Corsair H100i | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Air 540

Old 24-08-14, 09:41 AM

How are the pumps on these two water coolers? I'm a noise freak...i do not want to hear my pc and i tried a cooler master seidon and i was horrible! Swap'd it with my old 612 hyper x.
Old 27-08-14, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3os View Post
How are the pumps on these two water coolers? I'm a noise freak...i do not want to hear my pc and i tried a cooler master seidon and i was horrible! Swap'd it with my old 612 hyper x.
The H55 isnt bad, a little louder than my H105, but my system is quite quiet, fans running very low speed, so can only barely hear it over them.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingPwner View Post
I'm glad I stumbled on this thread.. I've been wondering if a H55 would fit in the back with a rad in the top of the 540. Nice to know that it does. Maybe it's time to put my G10 to use. lol
Yup, in push/pull too!