Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 28-04-14, 01:07 PM
The Guvnor

Gigabyte Z97X SOC Preview

The next generation of Intel Motherboards are starting to appear, and we preview the Gigabyte Z97X SOC.

Continue Reading

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 28-04-14, 01:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Orange? Just why?
Old 28-04-14, 01:42 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenShadow View Post
Orange? Just why?
The OC boards always have been

Old 28-04-14, 01:51 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
The OC boards always have been
Alright then, but I still don't really like it
Old 28-04-14, 05:49 PM
OC3D Elite

I like the orange on the Giga OC boards

This is the best looking Z97 mobo I have seen so far, the Asus boards might be rich feature wise but I don't like the look of them especially the gold ones. And the MSI look ok but I think the heatsinks on the Z87 ones were better.
Old 28-04-14, 08:43 PM

I think there will be also a high end OC board from Gigabyte. If the new Devil's Canyon processors will be out we will see.. I mostly use Gigabyte boards and i'am really pleased with them in fact of oc too. (but i'm not a Hicookie) ?)
Intel i7-950/\Gigabyte X58A-UD7/\A-DATA XPG DDR3-2000MHz 6GB kit/\Gigabyte R9-290X 4GB DDR5 + EKWB Full Cover + Blackplate/\OCZ Vertex 4 128GB SSD/\3×WD 2TB Caviar Green/\3×Seagae Barracuda 1TB 7200.10/\Chieftec GTO-850W Modular/\XSPC H2O 750 with XSPC 120mm X3 RAD + EK Waterblocks XT240 rad + EK Supreme HF + EKWB 290X FullCover block.

Old 29-04-14, 04:30 AM

Legacy PCI!

Freaking yes! It was my plan to build a 4770k build based on the Z87X OC, but this board might just happen to be the one-step-beyond in most features, but of course, we'll have to wait and see the finer details later.

The power delivery seems to be improved, which in all fairness wasn't something to shake a sponge at to begin with; a massive pre-emptive plus from me in that regard.

Can't wait to see how the connectivity is hubbed together: I'm assuming the PCIe slots are wired to run at x16, x8/x8 or x8/x4/x4 configurations, but it'd be unwise to assume anything at this stage. And hopefully the USB 3.0 isn't split across a silly hub chip configuration like we had on the Z87X OC and the UD7 previously (like... seriously, Gigabyte... srsly).

An updated audio codec is nice, I suppose. No real point in it being on this type board, but it can't hurt for a daily driver featureset.

Stoked, intrigued to see what's actually soldered to he board component wise, and prepared to eat crow just in case. =D
Old 11-05-14, 02:32 PM

Hello everyone,

I'm just curious does anyone else own this board? As I have one and been testing for about 4days now and the only problem is SLI is not working. I have checked everything. The cards are identical and in slot 1 and slot 3 both are connted via SLI bridge(tested with six others) the bios has been updated and have tested with both windows 8.1 and windows 7? This is the the 4th gigabyte board out of 10 that I've had an issue with the rest have been RMA'd and this on I'm about to unless someone had some ideas?

Quality of gigabyte boards seems to have been pretty poor over the past 6 months and its affecting my customers.
Old 11-05-14, 02:40 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTKiller View Post
Hello everyone,

I'm just curious does anyone else own this board? As I have one and been testing for about 4days now and the only problem is SLI is not working. I have checked everything. The cards are identical and in slot 1 and slot 3 both are connted via SLI bridge(tested with six others) the bios has been updated and have tested with both windows 8.1 and windows 7? This is the the 4th gigabyte board out of 10 that I've had an issue with the rest have been RMA'd and this on I'm about to unless someone had some ideas?

Quality of gigabyte boards seems to have been pretty poor over the past 6 months and its affecting my customers.
It might be a driver or BIOS issue, seen as Z97 has only been released today you may need to wait for a driver or BIOS update.

EDIT: last BIOS for the board was 28/4/14

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=4967#bios
Old 11-05-14, 03:06 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDTKiller View Post
Hello everyone,

Try a different SLI bridge