Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 14-03-14, 12:25 AM

Mac Clone / Game transfered to Corsair Obsidian 250D

Hi

My Mac Mini Pro (clone) and small gaming rig used to live in an EVGA Hadron Air chassis. I ended up not liking it, not enough air and it gets noisy.

Transferred the guts to a Corsair Obsidian 250D and added a Corsair H100i cooler. The results are spectacular. I also tried sleeving my own cables as I had to get a new power supply for the 250D. Its cool and silent - ran prime 95 torture test and temps never went above 60c. I might go back and sleeve the case cables and the H100i cables. All other visible cables are sleeved.

Here is the Rig

Corsair Obsidian 250D
Silverstone Strider 500w modular power supply
Silverstone PP05 short cable set - I sleeved the modular cables
Gigabyte GA-Z87-Wifi Mother board
Intel 4770k processor
Corsair Vengeance LP Ram
Corsair H100i cooler
2 x Samsung 840 EVO SSD (1 each win 7 and OSx Mavericks)
EVGA GTX 760 super clocked

Here is picture of old case. I hate it now, but was happy to complete small build at the time

Very Happy with the new case Tom's review showing the H100i installed pretty much made my mind to switch. Here is link to review:

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews/c..._case_review/1

Thanks and would love any comments.

--Rick--

Old 14-03-14, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

The different densities of braid really grinds my eyes but you've done a very nice job of it! nice rig!

"Stop comparing Dime to God. I mean he's great, but he is not Dime"
Old 14-03-14, 11:02 AM

Good choose on the colors of the braid and far balls to you for doing them yourself. Only thing i would say, I know there isn't much room in the case for cable management but i still think it could be a lot tidier. And for the braided cables you can get some cable combs, make them look a 100% better. that or give it a go to lace them, i laced the exstention cables i got there the other day and they look miles better now.

Corsair 800D/8gb Corsair Vendgea LP 1866mhz/Sapphire Radeon HD 6850/AMD FX 6-core Black Edition FX-6100/Antec Kuhler box CPU cooler/Gigabyte Socket am3+ GA-990FXA-UD3/Samsung 830 series 64gb ssd/WD 2tb 5400rpm.

Old 14-03-14, 11:12 AM
The Guvnor

Nice build matey - bit of time needs to be spent on the cables - always thing less is more, so you want to see as little of them as possible

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-03-14, 12:27 PM

Hi

Thanks for the observations. On the sleeving it is two different manufacturers. I had bought an MDPC starter kit which is all black and had it sitting around. I then discovered Lutro0 customs and got the green and the tools to do it. Personally I found the Lutro0 material easier to work with. I realize I need to get some combs and do a bit of tidy work to make it really look organized.

Frankly, i just wanted to get it working and see if it made it from the Hadron chassis in one piece and that I had not bungled one of the power supply cables in the last two weeks of sleeving the cables.
Old 14-03-14, 12:34 PM
The Guvnor

What I actually meant is you can see too much of it dude, you could hide most of that much better.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-03-14, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
What I actually meant is you can see too much of it dude, you could hide most of that much better.
I agree Tom. The one issue is that I should have gone all the way and bought a crimper, pins, and new connectors rather than just sleeving the short cable set from Silverstone. I plan on doing that eventually and will make each cable as short as I can. Later tonight, I plan on seeing if I can move more of the cable mass under the power supply shelf. One thing I did not realize when I started this is how stiff individually sleeved cables are. The sleeved SATA cables are very inflexible. Unfortunately in this small case there is no room to hide behind the MB tray or anywhere but under the MB right up against the power supply.

Next time I make a complete custom set of even shorter extensions.

Thank you so much Tom for the inspiration to do this