Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Cases & Power

Old 30-10-06, 11:48 PM

Psu help

Anyone had any experience good or bad with the Silverstone Zeus ST75ZF 750W or the Etasis ET750 750w PSU?

I am looking for a new power supply as my old Antec Truepower 550W went bang. Anyone know if the two Psu's above are as quiet as the Antec?

Thanks

zinc

Old 31-10-06, 12:22 AM

Review here

and Here

Both seem pretty nice to me
Old 31-10-06, 08:46 AM
OC3D Elite

If i had to choose between those two units (and i wasn't fussed by modular cables) i'd probably go for the Etasis. Its a very well built unit. However, the ST75F is a great unit too as modulars go

EDIT: and as for quietness, I think the Silverstone will take the crown there - It's got a 120mm fan which can run much slower than the 80mm fan in the Etasis.
Old 31-10-06, 10:45 AM

I had a read of the two reviews and they were very helpfully but its not the Strider I wanted to know about but the Zeus ST75ZF none modular.

I did find some fan dB's on them see below.

Strider ST75F = 39.1 DB Max

Zeus ST75ZF = 34. DB Max

Etsis ET750 = 34 DB Max

I have read that the Strider is quieter than the Zeus but not according to the figures in some of the reviews I have read.

So I'm looking for anyone who has used one to try and say how loud they actually are as I have nothing to compare the mentioned DB's too.

Thanks

zinc
Old 31-10-06, 11:13 AM
OC3D Elite

Etasis 750w and Zeus 750w are actually the same unit. Etasis makes PSU's for Silverstone.

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p..._quad_rail_psu

The fan in the Strider may have a higher dba output, but they throttle it more as it can shift mroe air being a 120mm fan.
Old 31-10-06, 12:06 PM

I'm beginning to understand how it works now, its all down to the throttling and fan size and not just the DB's.

Interesting to know that they are the same psu.

It would still be interesting if anyone who owns/uses the Etasis 750w or Zeus 750w to know what they think about how load they think it is and if they have any good or bad views on them.

Thanks

zinc
Old 31-10-06, 12:13 PM
OC3D Elite

At the bottom of this page are some recordings of the 850w Zeus (uses same fan as 750w)

http://www.overclock3d.net/reviews.p...f_quad_sli_psu

Compare that with the Strider 750w might give you an idea of the difference.
Old 31-10-06, 03:22 PM

Had a listen and although the tone of the fans are different they both seem to be about the same loudness to me, though I do have an earache at the moment. The psu I'm using at the moment is from the kids PC its a Magna 600w with the two fans, If they were half as load as this one I would be pleased.
Old 31-10-06, 03:36 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='zinc'
Had a listen and although the tone of the fans are different they both seem to be about the same loudness to me, though I do have an earache at the moment. The psu I'm using at the moment is from the kids PC its a Magna 600w with the two fans, If they were half as load as this one I would be pleased.
If you are looking for one of the most silent PSU's on the market I'd check out the OCZ GameXStream unit or the FSP Epsilon (both are essentially the same PSU - so go with whatever is cheapest).
Old 31-10-06, 06:54 PM
OC3D Elite

Modula cabling is sexy, but I think u need to be looking for the sexiness when u go shopping for them as opposed to considering it a basis for either/or on a few psus.