Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 11-01-14, 10:38 AM
The Guvnor

Cooler Master HAF Stacker System Review

A big case needs a big review. And boy is the HAF Stacker system from Cooler Master BIG

Continue Reading

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-01-14, 11:25 AM
OC3D Crew

Nice review Tom. Personally, I think the case looks pretty dreadful and I'm not sure who CM are pitching at with their modular approach. Most of us like to change our case every few years and if this is driven by a change in mobo form factor or some other reason.... most would want a new case. This looks like a jack of all trades attempt at being everything to everyone.... and pays for it.
Old 11-01-14, 11:34 AM
OC3D Elite

It's not going to tickle many people's fancy with it's looks ..

.. but as someone who considers looks pretty far down on the scale of case requirements - looking mostly for adaptation, options, practicality, ease of build/'monkeying around inside' - this is one heck of a range.

(even tho I'm not a case-looks person, I know when something isn't going to appeal to others)

There's some corporate uses this stack could come in useful for, and I'm keeping that in mind for suggestions. Sometimes you see something reviewed and it has features that stick in your mind when people talk to you about if and how they can have things created for them.

Good stuff. (didn't consider the pricing at all tbh)

Old 11-01-14, 12:38 PM
The Guvnor

Is it just me that thinks not being able to use a 240mm AIO in the top of the main section is nuts?

HDD's or WC in the bottom AIO in the roof, then add the extra bit on the roof if you want even more water space? I still think there should be a roof panel for the main section and AIO support basically.

I think by trying to make it appeal to everyone they have actually made it a bit half arsed.

Old 11-01-14, 01:29 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Is it just me that thinks not being able to use a 240mm AIO in the top of the main section is nuts?
Its to encourage you to buy more bits . Also, its probably because they want to make it for custom loopers, not people who use AIOs. Every other HAF case supports a 240 AIO in the roof/front(in the case of the XB ) I think.
Old 11-01-14, 01:31 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
Its to encourage you to buy more bits . Also, its probably because they want to make it for custom loopers, not people who use AIOs. Every other HAF case supports a 240 AIO in the roof/front(in the case of the X I think.
Yeah but a roof panel should be avail so you can use the lower case. With the 240mm AIO's being so common just seems retarded to not support them straight out of the box.

Old 11-01-14, 01:39 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
Yeah but a roof panel should be avail so you can use the lower case. With the 240mm AIO's being so common just seems retarded to not support them straight out of the box.
If enough people do a mod for it they'll release it as a panel to order. Its the same with my case, enough people wanted a window mod/did a window mod so you can now buy a windowed top on their site.
Old 11-01-14, 01:42 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnsley View Post
If enough people do a mod for it they'll release it as a panel to order. Its the same with my case, enough people wanted a window mod/did a window mod so you can now buy a windowed top on their site.
With all the other 'options' it should have been there from the start. Something like that not to be supported out of the box is actually a big thing to miss. If I had reviewed this Id have been a bit harsher on that aspect tbh.

Old 11-01-14, 01:50 PM
born in a.....

Quote:
With all the other 'options' it should have been there from the start. Something like that not to be supported out of the box is actually a big thing to miss. If I had reviewed this Id have been a bit harsher on that aspect tbh.
Yeah you are right, to be honest the way that they've marketed it I don't actually think I've seen one which didn't have a custom loop. It is a big shame tbh as the window is a lovely size on the main case. Its not like they don't do a 240 AIO either.
Old 11-01-14, 05:12 PM
Advanced Member

It's a case I considered before with two 360 rads in the small section below the main case, but now I'm seriously thinking it'll make a bloody good watercooled top end mini ITX build... Maximus VI Impact with full coverage block, 290X with a Kryographics block.... Mmmmmmm.

Planned rig: The Baby Boomer - http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/Davva2004/saved/LnxTwP