Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section

Old 10-11-13, 09:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Waterfox

So ive been using Chrome since day dot, and more recently ive noticed its getting more and more bloated, had 2 tabs open and it was eating about 600MB of ram, only adblock extension installed.

So i got very annoyed, not that i don't have the memory but it was supposed to be an efficient browser, but as with all things it got bloated.

Then i thought to myself time for a browser change, hunted around and came across

Waterfox 64bit Browser

So far i like it alot, better memory management, the fonts look better, and renders pages a lot more smoothly, now im not sure if its the placebo effect, but im sticking with this one for a while. Check it out.

Assassin Build Log (Retired) ----- OC3D Overclockers Club 007 ----- Steam & Origin - mrkambo

Punisher: i7-4770K, Asus Impact, 8GB Dom Platinum 2133, EVGA 780 Classy, Silverstone Strider 850w, Corsair Force GT 120GB, Bitfenix Prodigy Modded

Server: i3-3225, Maximus Formula V, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 460w, Kingston 30GB, Various Storage Drives, Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded
Old 10-11-13, 10:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrKambo View Post
So ive been using Chrome since day dot, and more recently ive noticed its getting more and more bloated, had 2 tabs open and it was eating about 600MB of ram, only adblock extension installed.

So i got very annoyed, not that i don't have the memory but it was supposed to be an efficient browser, but as with all things it got bloated.

Then i thought to myself time for a browser change, hunted around and came across

Waterfox 64bit Browser

So far i like it alot, better memory management, the fonts look better, and renders pages a lot more smoothly, now im not sure if its the placebo effect, but im sticking with this one for a while. Check it out.
old as f*ck? some old beta version of firefox, isn't it? i remember using it ages ago, had the same multiscreen issues that caused me to switch from firefox to chrome.
i'm fine with g chrome for now, i see no need to switch.

OC3D OC club #001 reporting in
Join the OC3D Star Citizen fleet
Old 10-11-13, 10:14 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to MrKambo
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeekaX View Post
old as f*ck? some old beta version of firefox, isn't it? i remember using it ages ago, had the same multiscreen issues that caused me to switch from firefox to chrome.
i'm fine with g chrome for now, i see no need to switch.
according to the changelog, this version was built on the 7/10 so cant be that old can it?

Assassin Build Log (Retired) ----- OC3D Overclockers Club 007 ----- Steam & Origin - mrkambo

Punisher: i7-4770K, Asus Impact, 8GB Dom Platinum 2133, EVGA 780 Classy, Silverstone Strider 850w, Corsair Force GT 120GB, Bitfenix Prodigy Modded

Server: i3-3225, Maximus Formula V, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, Corsair 460w, Kingston 30GB, Various Storage Drives, Bitfenix Shinobi XL Modded
Old 10-11-13, 10:21 PM
born in a.....

Waterfox is good, easily better than chrome but then again pretty much everything is better than chrome... I have it on my new laptop and its great! It doesn't appear to have the occasional bad releases like Firefox does either. I still prefer to use Opera though as its never crashed on me.

Amazing signature done by Red Catalyst

OC3D starcitizen group Join today!