Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards
View Poll Results: 780 2x sli vs 780ti
780 2x sli 12 92.31%
780ti 1 7.69%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 10-11-13, 08:52 PM
DeepFriedJif DeepFriedJif is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
780 2x sli vs 780ti

Hey Guys!

So this holiday season I will have some money to upgrade my system, and my question for you is should I get a second 780 or grab an 780ti?

I will be using which ever I decide on to push an ASUS PA279Q (http://amzn.to/17wurVC). I game mainly but I also use a good bit of AutoCad and Inventor.

Leave your comments below! Thanks in advance!

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-11-13, 08:56 PM
wrenaudrey wrenaudrey is offline
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: West Midlands, UK
Posts: 316
Imo a 780 will be a better option.
From performance that i've seen from Tom's review, im guessing that you'll probably get 150% over the 780ti.
Maybe wait till black friday(if in US) or wait for TI to force the 780 down more in price then grab it then.

Im gonna get a 2nd 780 myself in the near future, when it hits sub £300 or even better, near £200-30 mark.
__________________
_________________________________Wren's "Extreme" System___________________________________ Sabertooth Z87 | i7 4770k | Dominator 8GB 1866Mhz | EVGA GTX 780 3GB | NZXT Switch 810 | Corsair AX750
| Samsung 840 250GB | Samsung 830 128GB | WD 1TB Black | Samsung F3 1TB | Corsair K95 | Logitech G700 | DT770 | Xonar STX | ASUS PB278Q | LG 23EA63
| Custom Loop |
EK-Supremacy | XSPC Titan w/ Backplate | Alphacool UT 360 & 240 | Phobya Balancer 150 | D5 w/ XSPC Top
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-11-13, 08:57 PM
Cru's Avatar
Cru Cru is online now
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,385
any reason you want to get the PA279Q?
if it's just for the 1440p, consider the PB279Q
the PA is more for professional editing stuff because of the accurate colours
__________________


you can click on that
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-11-13, 09:11 PM
DeepFriedJif DeepFriedJif is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cru3L139 View Post
any reason you want to get the PA279Q?
if it's just for the 1440p, consider the PB279Q
the PA is more for professional editing stuff because of the accurate colours
I know but when I saw it in person I was blown away by it, I decided that although it may be a good few months before I can get it, it is worth the wait.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-11-13, 10:21 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
I give BAD advise
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepFriedJif View Post
I know but when I saw it in person I was blown away by it, I decided that although it may be a good few months before I can get it, it is worth the wait.
Mine as well hold off on a monitor upgrade if you are sticking with nvidia. G-sync should be available next year and it will drastically improve the way you play due to it being so smooth. Waiting for that could mean you spend the money on a 780 now and have complete overkill but later on when G-sync comes out you could get a better 1440p monitor. All for waiting just a few months.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-11-13, 10:22 PM
DeepFriedJif DeepFriedJif is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
Mine as well hold off on a monitor upgrade if you are sticking with nvidia. G-sync should be available next year and it will drastically improve the way you play due to it being so smooth. Waiting for that could mean you spend the money on a 780 now and have complete overkill but later on when G-sync comes out you could get a better 1440p monitor. All for waiting just a few months.
Incredibly valid point! I may even be able to get one of the PA279Qs with G-Sync! Now that would be a monitor.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-11-13, 10:25 PM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
I give BAD advise
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,545
Asus should have some monitors ready in Jan but not details on the res of the monitor. So maybe March at the latest a 1440p would be released.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 11-11-13, 02:35 AM
XANADV XANADV is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ, USA
Posts: 151
I don't think we will be seeing G-Sync in anything but 120 Hz+ monitors for the foreseeable future as most gamers play on 1920x1080.
__________________
Maximus V Formula, i7-3770k 4.5 GHz, Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 2400MHz C9, 2x GTX 780 Ti SLI, Xonar Phoebus, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Corsair AX1200i, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, 2x Intel 520 240GB RAID0, ROG RAIDR, custom watercooling
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 11-11-13, 02:44 AM
NeverBackDown NeverBackDown is offline
I give BAD advise
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 4,545
g sync isnt a set refresh rate. It works from 30hz-144hz from what we know so far. A 30-60hz gsnyc monitor on a 1440p IPS panel will come out later but not at launch.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 11-11-13, 02:47 AM
XANADV XANADV is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Chandler, AZ, USA
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBackDown View Post
g sync isnt a set refresh rate. It works from 30hz-144hz from what we know so far. A 30-60hz gsnyc monitor on a 1440p IPS panel will come out later but not at launch.
I know but still I have a feeling that won't be happening until display interfaces catch up and there are high refresh rate 1440 monitors out there.
__________________
Maximus V Formula, i7-3770k 4.5 GHz, Dominator Platinum 4x4GB 2400MHz C9, 2x GTX 780 Ti SLI, Xonar Phoebus, Phanteks Enthoo Primo, Corsair AX1200i, Samsung 840 Pro 128GB, 2x Intel 520 240GB RAID0, ROG RAIDR, custom watercooling
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
780 sli, 780ti, upgrade

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 10:10 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.