Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 23-09-13, 08:29 PM
OC3D Elite

OC3D logging system & app

Hi,

I have a couple of suggestions to make the lives of most forum members easier. The first being the ability to log on multiple devices without it logging out from the others, I have no idea about any limitations, I am only suggesting as I like to log in from my phone or tablet without coming home and finding my pc logged out (its really irritating if you don't notice it logged out and you open a bunch of tabs of the updated threads and finding them on the wrong page), I hope I made myself as clear as I could be

The second would be to have an OC3D app for android/ios/windows phone, I know this existed sometime in the past but I don't really know the reasons it was stopped, this one aint really important, its just something nice to have :P

regards,
maniac

Old 23-09-13, 08:33 PM

Erhm... that first part isn't supposed to happen and it also never happened to me between Chrome, Safari in OSX, the stock Android 2.3.6 Browser and IE on my WP8.

I believe you can change this in your settings somewhere?

The second part would be nice, especially since if there are 'background' ads (like now and previously with the Never Settle thing) and I click on any blue part on my phone (both my old Droid and WP8) it opens the ad.

I don't mind contributing to some money at all (if it works that way), but it's really annoying when you type an incredibly long post on your phone and you want to click the 'post' button but you click right next to it and it takes you to the ad. When you then press previous your post is gone...

Old 23-09-13, 08:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Erhm... that first part isn't supposed to happen and it also never happened to me between Chrome, Safari in OSX, the stock Android 2.3.6 Browser and IE on my WP8.

I believe you can change this in your settings somewhere?
Can anyone help on this, I cant find anything in the settings tab

Regards
Maniac

Old 23-09-13, 08:46 PM
OC3D Crew

I've been logged on my PC and phone for a couple of months now without getting logged out once on either of them. Are you sure you checked the "remember me" box?

Old 23-09-13, 08:46 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post

Regards
Maniac
It's not a setting you can change. It happens to some people and not others. I'm in the same position as you btw.
Old 23-09-13, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac View Post

Regards
Maniac
Did a quick check but I couldn't find it for you.

Did however find an option to turn background advertisements off (they're still there just not clickable) so my issue is fixed for now.

Hope yours will too soon. Think there were a few more threads about it though so it might be worth it to run a search on the site

Edit;

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesriley94 View Post
It's not a setting you can change. It happens to some people and not others. I'm in the same position as you btw.
Oh, that's unfortunate :\

Old 23-09-13, 09:13 PM
The Guvnor

Its not worth the investment mate sorry. For the sake of having to sign in when chrome remembers passwords anyways.

Go find out how much it would cost and then youll see why it wont happen (thousands)

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 23-09-13, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Its not worth the investment mate sorry. For the sake of having to sign in when chrome remembers passwords anyways.

Go find out how much it would cost and then youll see why it wont happen (thousands)

I understand and this is fair enough. I must also admit that I have no idea how much such a thing would cost.

What about a mobile version of the site? Would just be for convenience though as honestly it works the way it is now, just not as smooth/quickly as it could be

Old 23-09-13, 09:25 PM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
I understand and this is fair enough. I must also admit that I have no idea how much such a thing would cost.

What about a mobile version of the site? Would just be for convenience though as honestly it works the way it is now, just not as smooth/quickly as it could be
Need to consider fella mobile means smaller, I need banners on the site so I can sell them and make money.

No banners, no money, means no reviews.

Mobile versions of the site just dont lend themselves to adverts and tbh mobile data speeds are so much better now you dont need it for anything other than not having to pinch to read parts

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 23-09-13, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Need to consider fella mobile means smaller, I need banners on the site so I can sell them and make money.

No banners, no money, means no reviews.

Mobile versions of the site just dont lend themselves to adverts and tbh mobile data speeds are so much better now you dont need it for anything other than not having to pinch to read parts
True, I do visit this site sometimes though (only for the off-topic section ) and their mobile site seems quite nice. Remove the link if you don't like me posting this:
http://forum.animewolken.nl/?styleid=12

They have a simple mobile lay-out (though I would like the recent thread section to be there) and still have a small horizontal banner at the top and bottom. You could even add more in between forum sections if you reeeaally wanted but I guess that would kind of destroy the point of a mobile site

My phone actually automatically resizes the text. Those are the things that make me an HTC fanboy .