Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 25-06-13, 01:49 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 16,235
nVidia GTX760 Review

The latest mid-priced card from nVidia is the GTX760. Has it got enough stuff to pique our interest?





Continue Reading

__________________
If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-06-13, 01:56 PM
AverageNinja's Avatar
AverageNinja AverageNinja is offline
Average Penis Too
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,388
Thanks for the review Tom!
Reading through it now!
I've been excited for this card. If it's better/similair to the 660 Ti it might end up in my next rig
__________________
- Intel Pentium 2117U - NVIDIA GT710m -
- 4GB DDR3 RAM - 15.6" 1366x768 screen + 19" 1440x900 screen -
- 500GB 5400RPM HDD + 1TB external HDD -

OC3D Overclockers Club Member
Nr. #00 (Club Owner)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-06-13, 02:09 PM
BradKing BradKing is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 22
Thanks for the review Tom, quick question: on page 1 it mentions a 230 pounds price while on page 17 it's 210 pounds?

Was really hoping to see how these were compared to the 660 TI cards, oh well. Sure hope they come in at a lower price, just can't see myself going for these for a new system otherwise, much rather stay with older cards then.
__________________
C2D E6600 @ 3.0 GHz, Scythe Mine, 4Gb RAM, MSI HD4890 OC @ 1680x1050
Crucial M4 128 SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint II
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-06-13, 02:18 PM
SieB's Avatar
SieB SieB is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Dudley
Posts: 7,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradKing View Post
Thanks for the review Tom, quick question: on page 1 it mentions a 230 pounds price while on page 17 it's 210 pounds?

Was really hoping to see how these were compared to the 660 TI cards, oh well. Sure hope they come in at a lower price, just can't see myself going for these for a new system otherwise, much rather stay with older cards then.
Aria have a reference one on preorder for £190, not bad at that price.

https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Comp...roductId=56211
__________________
NZXT Switch 810 - i5 2500K - Gigabyte Z68 UD3H - 8GB 1600mhz Mushkin Blackline - MSI TFV GTX970 - Crucial MX100 256GB SSD - Samsung F3 1TB HDD - Corsair H100 - Corsair HX850 - Acer XB270HA - G-Sync
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 25-06-13, 03:30 PM
VonBlade's Avatar
VonBlade VonBlade is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Behind a keyboard
Posts: 1,140
Re the price issue. Our reviews are often written prior to NDAs being lifted and so we can only go on the price that retailers think the product will arrive at. It's why we have a price link at the top of the page which covers the actual cost.

But you're all intelligent people. We're sure that you can understand prices are subject to change... can't you?

However, on the off-chance that you're unable to read the price at the top, or reconcile the difference between a MSRP and actual street price, I've edited the first page to reflect the actual price.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 25-06-13, 04:25 PM
BradKing BradKing is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: the Netherlands
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post
Re the price issue. Our reviews are often written prior to NDAs being lifted and so we can only go on the price that retailers think the product will arrive at. It's why we have a price link at the top of the page which covers the actual cost.

But you're all intelligent people. We're sure that you can understand prices are subject to change... can't you?

However, on the off-chance that you're unable to read the price at the top, or reconcile the difference between a MSRP and actual street price, I've edited the first page to reflect the actual price.
^^ thnx, prices are indeed subject to change, just didn't expect them to change within the review itself

It has a 240 euro suggested price over here, with prices at Aria coming in at ~190 pound I am indeed expecting ~225 euro prices over here, making it a pretty nice price, still a bit below the 7950 and 660 ti's. Still, it's hard to pick a gpu solution for higher than 1080p resolutions, looking forward to 760 sli tests
__________________
C2D E6600 @ 3.0 GHz, Scythe Mine, 4Gb RAM, MSI HD4890 OC @ 1680x1050
Crucial M4 128 SSD, 1TB Samsung Spinpoint II
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 25-06-13, 05:14 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is online now
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 5,508
So with this gap between the 760 and the 770, can we expect the 760 Ti?
__________________
~Rick

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 25-06-13, 08:24 PM
FTLN FTLN is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytomlogan View Post
Today's review, the GTX760, is a rebadged GTX670.

How can this be a rebadge if it has less cuda cores ??
__________________
Our OS who art in CPU, UNIX be thy name. Thy programs run, thy syscalls done, In kernel as it is in user!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 25-06-13, 11:49 PM
CalVic's Avatar
CalVic CalVic is offline
Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 197
Send a message via Skype™ to CalVic
Interesting review.

I'm currently running a 560Ti 448 Edition. The 760 might just be the card to upgrade too. Still unsure however.
__________________


EAT-SLEEP-OVERCLOCK
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 25-06-13, 11:50 PM
Remmy's Avatar
Remmy Remmy is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: York
Posts: 1,559
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTLN View Post
How can this be a rebadge if it has less cuda cores ??
I heard they just cut some of the cores off with some scissors
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 11:30 PM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.