Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D News
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 30-04-13, 01:42 PM
F-alienware F-alienware is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist
Posts: 0
Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
GTX 780, 770 and 760ti due May/June

Surprised no one has posted this yet but apparently the 700 series are due quite soon. Maybe as soon as May?

http://www.guru3d.com/news_story/nvi...tx_760_ti.html

So it looks like Titan LE has been ditched for the GTX 780.

Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 30-04-13, 01:48 PM
I Hunta x's Avatar
I Hunta x I Hunta x is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,784
Looks like ill be picking up cheapish 680's in a few months then if the performance on the 780 really is 30% over the 680 15% is what im predicting tbh.
__________________
i7 970 @ 4.2Ghz - NH-D14 | Gigabyte x58a-oc | Corsair AX850 | CM Cosmos S
4x4Gb Samsung Green in 3+1 Tri Channel - 1900Mhz c10 1.3v | R9 290 | Samsung 840 Evo
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro + V-Moda Boompro
-Need to fit-
Xspc Rasa | Phobya G-Changer 240 + 360 | Phobya dc12-400 | 7x Orange Xigmatek XLF 120mm
| Alphacool Copper fittings

Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 30-04-13, 01:50 PM
Feronix's Avatar
Feronix Feronix is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Dungeon
Posts: 5,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hunta x View Post
Looks like ill be picking up cheapish 680's in a few months then if the performance on the 780 really is 30% over the 680 15% is what im predicting tbh.
Well, if these come out before the HD8000 series they might very well come at a price that's 30% over the 680 as well
__________________
~Rick

Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 30-04-13, 01:51 PM
Vicey Vicey is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 662
The GTX 780 looks attractive. 5GB Frame buffer would be great for my surround setup. Maybe I'm finally upgrading from my GTX 480's ?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 30-04-13, 01:55 PM
I Hunta x's Avatar
I Hunta x I Hunta x is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Nottingham
Posts: 1,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feronix View Post
Well, if these come out before the HD8000 series they might very well come at a price that's 30% over the 680 as well
Will still be a bunch of people going OMG I NEED THE TOP CARDS so good for people like me who have no problem picking up stuff a generation late/2nd hand for a big saving.
__________________
i7 970 @ 4.2Ghz - NH-D14 | Gigabyte x58a-oc | Corsair AX850 | CM Cosmos S
4x4Gb Samsung Green in 3+1 Tri Channel - 1900Mhz c10 1.3v | R9 290 | Samsung 840 Evo
Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro + V-Moda Boompro
-Need to fit-
Xspc Rasa | Phobya G-Changer 240 + 360 | Phobya dc12-400 | 7x Orange Xigmatek XLF 120mm
| Alphacool Copper fittings

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 30-04-13, 01:56 PM
Vicey Vicey is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hunta x View Post
Will still be a bunch of people going OMG I NEED THE TOP CARDS so good for people like me who have no problem picking up stuff a generation late/2nd hand for a big saving.
I got two 512MB sticks of DDR PC3200 400MHz if you want a great deal. Only £50 per stick! Bargain!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 30-04-13, 01:57 PM
iBeInspire's Avatar
iBeInspire iBeInspire is offline
OC3D Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Dirty North of London
Posts: 1,106
Send a message via Skype™ to iBeInspire
760 ti seems enticing to me, if it really is $299 or around £200-£250 with the same performance as a 670 (maybe a tad too hopeful, i know). But would make a good upgrade from this now-aging 6850
__________________
/|FX6300 @4.5Ghz @1.375v /|\ MSI 890FXA-GD70 /|\ 8Gb G.Skill RipjawsX /|\ Gigabyte R9 270X @1100/1400|\
/|TX550m /|\ Samsung 840 Pro (120gb)|\
/|Fiio E10 /|\ Shure SRH440|\
[OFFICIAL] OC3D Overclockers Club Member [#025]
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 30-04-13, 01:59 PM
F-alienware F-alienware is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist
Posts: 0
Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicey View Post
The GTX 780 looks attractive. 5GB Frame buffer would be great for my surround setup. Maybe I'm finally upgrading from my GTX 480's ?
780 is GK110 or "Titan LE".

Seems some one at Nvidia got a hard on and decided to release a whole "new" range.

Sadly their hard on proved erroneous because only the 780 is anything 'new' (of course it isn't, it's a failed cut down Titan).

The most exciting bit (honestly, guv) is that the 770 is a rebadged 680 and the 760ti is pretty much a rebadged 670.

Way to go Nvidia ! what a waste of time.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30-04-13, 02:02 PM
Vicey Vicey is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 662
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienALX View Post
780 is GK110 or "Titan LE".

Seems some one at Nvidia got a hard on and decided to release a whole "new" range.

Sadly their hard on proved erroneous because only the 780 is anything 'new' (of course it isn't, it's a failed cut down Titan).

The most exciting bit (honestly, guv) is that the 770 is a rebadged 680 and the 760ti is pretty much a rebadged 670.

Way to go Nvidia ! what a waste of time.
The reason I like the "Titan LE" or "GTX 780" whatever it gets named is because it's affordable to buy two of them for SLI and it has that enourmous 5GB frame buffer. Honestly I would have bought the GTX 680's when they released had they launched with 3 or 4GB buffers. I just didn't feel that the extra 512MB over my GTX 480's would be enough for BF3.

The resolution I play at (7680x1600) uses 100% of my VRAM right now and I thought I wouldn't want to pay all that money on 2GB 680's only to have it not be enough.

I don't think I'd ever have that problem with the 5GB 780's though.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30-04-13, 02:03 PM
F-alienware F-alienware is offline
member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: On Mars as an anthropologist
Posts: 0
Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Nah you'd probably be good with those.

I just don't get the other cards at all. You can already get 4gb 680s so talk about a pointless card. It's just Nvidia creating a whole new range out of nothing. AGAIN.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 05:38 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.