Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 30-01-13, 07:30 PM
The Guvnor

ASUS Ares II Overkill3D Review

The latest premium graphics card from ASUS is here, the Ares II, and as always we're going to the next level as we're doing Crossfire too. Read on.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Old 30-01-13, 07:41 PM

Watched the Vids mate, nicely done with the entire review, and great cards!

Not my cup of tea with the whole AIO WC though..... i like modding, but to buy it like that, seems odd
Old 30-01-13, 08:25 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Gamepro105
Love the video with bench marking. there great cards. now how do i afford them
Old 30-01-13, 09:29 PM

Great Reviews Tom,

The card looks great and benches even better..That is a lot of CASH

I do miss the Crysis benchmark where you blow the hell out of the chopper

Ron
SAPPHIRE Radeon HD 6950 Dirt3 Edition 2GB w/ unlocked Shaders (1536)
Crucial M4 SSD 128 OS drive + Raid 0 array 2-WD 500 Drives
OCZ500MXSP
Windows7 - 64 Bit
Old 31-01-13, 12:17 AM
OC3D Crew

Way to much cash but people want to pay for it but sure someone bought it and is happy.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved

Nicolo Machiavelli
Old 01-02-13, 07:36 PM

That does it! I´ll stick to Devil 13, where You do get the accessories at a much lower price and virtually the same power. I will NOT pay £500 - 600 for a metal suitcase worth around £50! Come again, Asus. You know better!!!
Old 01-02-13, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kejser11 View Post
That does it! I´ll stick to Devil 13, where You do get the accessories at a much lower price and virtually the same power. I will NOT pay £500 - 600 for a metal suitcase worth around £50! Come again, Asus. You know better!!!
It's alright saying that, and normally I would agree wholeheartedly with you. The price is not justified at all, and can be considered rather insulting to those who realise where the extra money is going. The Devil13 is certainly the better buy.

However after googling furiously for ~ 2 minutes I could not find a place that actually sold the Devil13, save for a few "new" ones on eBay, and of course you can see the flaw in siding with a product that is not readily available at this moment, and is labelled as 'discontinued' on Newegg.

That is a real shame, considering that the card was only revealed around the end of September last year....

Hopefully this AIO monstrosity does not stick, as it is clearly a huge hindrance to anyone who buys it and a disastrous design choice.
Old 02-02-13, 02:37 AM

What's the power draw of a 1X card set up and 2X card set up please?
"You can't take it with you can you" as Ofan said, and not for any E-Peen thing, but for the hell of it...
Old 02-02-13, 02:45 AM

Tom, shouldn't you be one shot, one kill on that bit of Metro by now?
Old 02-02-13, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DifferentClone View Post
It's alright saying that, and normally I would agree wholeheartedly with you. The price is not justified at all, and can be considered rather insulting to those who realise where the extra money is going. The Devil13 is certainly the better buy.

However after googling furiously for ~ 2 minutes I could not find a place that actually sold the Devil13, save for a few "new" ones on eBay, and of course you can see the flaw in siding with a product that is not readily available at this moment, and is labelled as 'discontinued' on Newegg.

That is a real shame, considering that the card was only revealed around the end of September last year....

Hopefully this AIO monstrosity does not stick, as it is clearly a huge hindrance to anyone who buys it and a disastrous design choice.
Sorry You cant find it in UK. As I am Danish, I of course Look for it in Denmark. It is stille available in 4 different outlets, the cheapest of which is: http://www.sikkenemt.dk/index.php/ha...13-hd7990.html . The price is 8121,- dkr. which is similar to £945. Hope this is usefull to You.
P.S: That price is about 40% of an ARES II, so I will defenitely not go there...