Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 11-01-13, 02:02 PM
The Guvnor

Nanoxia Deep Silence Case Review

I take a look at a case from Nanoxia. New to the chassis market and looking to take on the likes of Fractal we thought we had better give it the once over.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 11-01-13, 02:28 PM
OC3D Elite

what a little cracker of a mid-tower case
Old 11-01-13, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Looks like a cracking case, can do almost anything you can think putting into the usual home rig. Not overly sold on the looks of it though so probably not for me, would almost go as far as saying it could be too white.
Old 11-01-13, 06:46 PM
OC3D Crew

Look's like a cracking little case that can support even the high end pc's including a decent watercooling setup without needing to get the old dremel out.

Nice Review again dude.
Old 11-01-13, 09:13 PM
OC3D Crew

What a beast mid tower! I would have to have seen something like that in person to decide though, and I have to admit the differing textures of the metal and plastic, as well as a lack of a window would probably have made me want to see at least one other case option.
Corsair Graphite 760T : Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 : FX 8350 @ 4.7 GHz : 8 GB Vengeance LP Low Voltage memory @ 2133 MHz : PowerColor AXR9 280X (1100 MHZ core, 1600 MHz mem) : Kingston HyperX 3K 240 GB SSD : Cooler Master Glacer 240L : Fractal Design Newton 800W PSU : NZXT Sentry 3 Fan Speed Controller
Old 11-01-13, 09:22 PM
OC3D Crew

Will be interesting if Nanoxia go on to change the plastic sections to non silence-orientated, like (I think I'm right here) Fractal did from the Define to the Arc Midi.

I get the feeling that would be a VERY popular case. As popular as the CM690 was, at least.

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste him into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Old 12-01-13, 06:27 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgutierrez33 View Post
What a beast mid tower! I would have to have seen something like that in person to decide though, and I have to admit the differing textures of the metal and plastic, as well as a lack of a window would probably have made me want to see at least one other case option.

I think I saw in a CES video a version of this case with a side panel window in Black, or it may have been a slightly different case but from the same company.
Old 12-01-13, 03:18 PM
Advanced Member

id like to see these guys do somthing in green.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien c View Post
I think I saw in a CES video a version of this case with a side panel window in Black, or it may have been a slightly different case but from the same company.
it was the swiftech lcs display!!!

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2716743 highest 2500k+560Ti SLI TO DATE!!!
Old 13-01-13, 05:19 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by badtaylorx View Post
it was the swiftech lcs display!!!

well I dont know about that but I just saw Linus and "Elric" (real name seems to be Richard ...) get a run-through on the new Swiftech H220 cooler kit in Las Vegas. Swiftech had 4 Nanoxia DS1´s with windows at the presentation.

What i felt missing in TTL´s video-review was a clear shot or mentioning about gloss or satin finish on the air-chimney and usb-thingy. Would also have liked to see the other side panel as showing only the inside had me wondering if it actually had the same cut-out for the fan in the panel itself, or only in the sound-dampening material. A quick shot of the bottom of the case would also be nice.

EDIT: Found some pictures on the norwegian Hardware.no review that showed the black case. Here the chimney and usb-flip was coated in the same satin finish as the case. The right sidepanel dit not have the cutout for a fan. Norwegian review also had the same problem with the USB thingy, they complained about a fiddly front lower fan-shield and were dissapointed over the low quality-feel of the plastic componets in the case - since the case otherwise felt very well built.

45 days ago, planning my new build I was in direct contact with Nanoxia to learn if they had a window in the works for early 2013 - as this at that time was the only thing separating their case from the Fractal Design Define R4 for me. They stated that they had no such plan since the demand for this was very small in the marketplace, but if this interest would pick up, they surely would reconsider.

.....guess things picked up pretty fast.
Fractal Design Define R4W Black Pearl / Corsair AX760i / Asus MaximusV Formula / Intel® Core i7-3770K / 32GB Corsair Vengeance Red LP / Corsair Force Series GT 240Gb / Seagate Barracuda 3Tb/Hitachi Deskstar 1Tb /XFX R7770 Black OC DD. CrossfireX / Corsair H100i-Corsair SP120QE / Dell Ultrasharp U2410/ Corsair AF140QEx2 Front / Corsair AF120QEx2 Bottom/Back
Old 13-01-13, 04:32 PM

Bloody good little case that. I think I would recommend this over the R4 now.

The only thing that bothers me is the front USB panel, looks and behaves in a cheap manor (and of course no window option).

Setup:
3 x Dell U2312HM | Ducky Shine 3 white LED TKL w/ MX Blues | Steelseries Sensei | Schiit Magni/Modi Stack | GT Omega EVO XL