Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 05-11-12, 10:21 AM
The Guvnor

Zalman Z11 Plus Review

Well known for their extensive range of coolers and accessories, Zalman also produce quite a prolific range of cases. Here we take a look at the Z11 Plus.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Old 05-11-12, 10:29 AM
OC3D Elite

I like the design of this case and at £50 it's definitely a bargain.
Old 05-11-12, 11:39 AM

Great value for money
Old 05-11-12, 11:58 AM

I have the Zalman Z9 Plus and I have to say I love it, its extremely well built for the price and its reasonably quiet and because of that I'm not surprised to see the Z11 Plus scoring well, Zalman do an excellent job on their cases
case:Zalman Z9 Plus cpu:Intel Core i5 2500k @4.5Ghz cpu cooler:Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO + Corsair SP120 push/pull motherboard:MSI Z77A-GD55 graphics card:VTX3D 7870 Tahiti LE ram:8GB Crucial Ballistix 1600Mhz primary drive:Kingston HyperX 120GB SSD storage:WD Caviar Blue 1TB x2 psu:Corsair GS700
Old 05-11-12, 07:52 PM

Thumbs up

I own this exact case, have had it a fair few months now, switched out the side fans for better and also fitted a fan controller while adding a bottom intake and extra top exhaust, all blue LED fans. My Tunqi tower is a pretty large cooler and in this case there is plenty of space, for the money it's a really good feature case, as mentioned with the ties behind the mobo cable management is easy in this case and the added power extension is very handy, thou I would say now fit that cable before you do anything else or your have minor issues later.

My only gripe thou small is the front panel USB3 I have to route them out the back onto the motherboard connections, I like the case much better than my old one by a long way, I got mine for £45 with P&P it offers as good a set of needs as many £70+ cases and if you buy one your be more than happy with the case for the cash you paid.

I would feel it not only deserves VFM but also a bronze award it's well laid out and you can get plenty inside clean and tidy, it's main downfall for many looking at it is it's front looks, I prefer mine on it's side with the drives popping out over the desk, so I can get inside without the need of moving it an inch.
Old 06-11-12, 09:46 AM
OC3D Elite

I think the aesthetics are good, looks a bit like Darth Vader.. I would remove the 80mm fans though & not even bother to replace them. Plenty of room for a home server setup, 5 in 3 hot swap in the front, fill the rest full of drives - nice.

Old 06-11-12, 09:48 AM

Yea i have one of these will show it on the rig gallery soon , I have 4 of the zalman led fans inside with a led antec on front with a 7950, i reversed the fans on the side. I think you can fit a second 2.5" hdd in optical bay area(didn't read to check if said :P).
Overall a good case for the money if you like the looks the Z9 has the same chassis bur toned down looks.
Old 06-11-12, 01:01 PM
OC3D Elite

A bit to plastic for me...
price is great, for people that like it !!

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
Old 18-11-12, 04:08 AM
OC3D Elite

I really like the look of this, all of these lines create a really attractive looking case in my opinion.