Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Customer Care Forums > Time To Live Customs

Old 01-08-12, 12:00 PM

AE - legacy boot event error

Hi everyone. Today I built my new pc and I keep getting that error (AE aka legacy boot event). I read on the internet that most of the times it has to do with ram so I went to the manufacters website and saw that my ram was on their qualified list. Even removed each stick at a time but nothing changed. After that, I changed my graphic card slot, but didn't solve anything.
Some people said it has to do with the boot priorities so I removed each ssd at a time and then the cdrom, but didnt work. I also tried to boot with each one individually, but it didn't work either. I removed everything sata related and no results. What do you guys think? Could flashing the bios be the solution ?

my system specs are:
motherboard: asus p8z77-v premium
ram: corsair dominator platinum 2133mhz (2x4gb)
cpu: i7-3770k
gpu: evga gtx 670 ftw

thank you very much,
r3uz0r

Old 01-08-12, 12:05 PM
OC3D Elite

The LED notification can mean anything really. Does the PC work fine? Or not boot?

On the ASUS boards, AO shows the system is fully working, and the manual doesnt say that.

I think AE means it hasnt handed control over to the hard disks yet. Do you have the OS installed?
Old 01-08-12, 12:24 PM

I haven't installed the OS yet. As soon as I turn it on, it takes about 10 seconds till AE error appears and my monitor doesn't show anything. tks for the fast reply btw
Old 01-08-12, 12:33 PM
OC3D Elite

Yeh thats why...

It only changes from AE to AO once control of the PC has been handed over from the BIOS to the HDD/SSD - ie - you need an OS installed.

Mine works the same, as soon as I boot, it goes through the numbers for POST checks, completes that, switches to AE for a few seconds, and then goes to AO once control has been handed to the SSD/HDD.

There's nothing wrong mate, dont worry
Old 01-08-12, 12:43 PM

hmm, so how can I fix it ? the system blocks when the AE error shows up, so I cant install the OS, I cant do anything basically.
Old 01-08-12, 12:45 PM
OC3D Elite

Ummm, have you put the OS disk in, and can you get into the BIOS?
Old 01-08-12, 01:11 PM

yeah, its a cracked version tho. would a original do any difference?
I cannot. My monitor just sits there, showing nothing lol
Old 01-08-12, 01:20 PM
OC3D Elite

Shhh.

Remove the graphics card, try going through integrated graphics and clear the CMOS.

Repeatedly tap delete while pressing the on button too, and continue to do this for around 10 seconds. If nothing shows still, then flash the BIOS.

I'm a little confused as to why you've spent like £300 on the motherboard, £250 on the processor and another £200 (?) on the RAM and still feel the need to fob off microsoft in not buying the OS...but nevermind...