Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 14-01-13, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh weston View Post
i recommend lying to your wife, and getting an ssd anyway
yes!!

Old 06-03-13, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeren View Post
OK so this is the screen where your supposed to pick a place to install windows and thisis what i have

That is my external HDD which you can not install upon, you see a format button under there and that is the format button he pressed, and clicked Ok to the follow screen, does it mean i need a new HDD? as its a perfect excuse to go get my a SSD, but at the same time i would just love to be ableto use use my own computer instead of my wife's which isn't that great

Okay, what you need to dois make that hard drive the primary drive I used a program called Easeus to do it. Once you do that windows will recognize it as a HDD that can carry an OS and try to boot from that. If it keeps failing it may be your copy of windows as was with me when this happened.... got a new copy tossed the old copy and it booted right up (mine was on a new build)
Old 13-06-13, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Weston View Post
He bought you an OCZ SSD? I'm beginning to like this guy less and less!
Did you try doing what I said?
lolz, i was thinking the exact same thing, i would hella mad at my mates if they caked my hdd then grab me an ocz drive. Of all things a petrol, im surprised there are still some around that still work.
Make sure you keep nothing important on the ssd, its not a matter of if it fails but when.

glad it all worked out in the end.