Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Rig Gallery

Old 02-04-12, 06:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via Skype™ to WillSK
Hi Guys,

Would love to know what you all think of my rig.

Currently the specs are

White Corsair 600T case

Corsair HX 750w

Gigabyte z68xp-ud3p

i5 2500K processor @ 4.0Ghz

8GB Corsair Vengeance white @ 1600Mhz

MSI Hawk 560Ti

Corsair Force series 3 120GB SSD

Seagate Barracuda 1TB

IIyama ProLite X2377HDS IPS Monitor

Corsair vengeance 1300 Headset

Logitech Mx518 mouse

Saitek Eclipse keyboard

Finally got a new mouse and mouse mat guys and gals!!

Before clean up

After cleanup

Edit: As of today 14/04/12 I now have a nice stable overclock thanks to help from the guys here in the OC3D forums. However most of the credit has to go to member Firat who has guided me through the process. "Thank you mate!"

My Rig: NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Grey, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, Intel i5 2500K @4.3Ghz, Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler, MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk Edition @1Ghz, 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance LP White, Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Corsair HX750w
Old 03-04-12, 08:22 AM
OC3D Elite

Looks good, but a little messy at the bottom. The setup is nice apart from the Mouse Mat
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Crucial M4 128GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 03-04-12, 09:26 AM

Argh dude, you're starting me thinking whether I want a 600T or an Arc Midi again. Thought I'd resolved that conundrum!! Lol. Looks like a good setup you've got there apart from a few messy cables at the bottom as yassarikhan said. And seriously, whats with that mouse mat?!?!

Old 03-04-12, 09:40 AM
OC3D Elite

Haha! yes the mouse mat is awful (i don't even read the sun...). was a freebie from years back and was lying around. If any of you guys have a nicer one you can send my way then please do. As for the cables at the bottom, I would like to clean it up. currently theyre tied together to prevent it being over messy but what do you suggest? they're quite rigid so hard to feed through to the back like the rest of my cabling.

thanks for the feedback so far. Stockholm the 600t is a great case i definitely recommend it!
My Rig: NZXT Phantom 630 Gunmetal Grey, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P, Intel i5 2500K @4.3Ghz, Phanteks PH-TC12DX CPU Cooler, MSI GTX 560-Ti Hawk Edition @1Ghz, 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance LP White, Corsair Force 3 120Gb SSD, Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD, Corsair HX750w
Old 03-04-12, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsk View Post

Haha! yes the mouse mat is awful (i don't even read the sun...). was a freebie from years back and was lying around. If any of you guys have a nicer one you can send my way then please do. As for the cables at the bottom, I would like to clean it up. currently theyre tied together to prevent it being over messy but what do you suggest? they're quite rigid so hard to feed through to the back like the rest of my cabling.

thanks for the feedback so far. Stockholm the 600t is a great case i definitely recommend it!
Try sticking a few cables round the back of the HDD cages under the plastic base there's a small gap try and fit a few cables under there.

As for mouse mats I personally think these are the best: http://www.amazon.co.uk/SteelSeries-...3447434&sr=8-2
Old 03-04-12, 11:02 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poynter View Post

Try sticking a few cables round the back of the HDD cages under the plastic base there's a small gap try and fit a few cables under there.

As for mouse mats I personally think these are the best: http://www.amazon.co...33447434&sr=8-2
Thanks will give it a go tonight. Only cable that i think are going to be particularly tricky are the ones connected to the graphics car. they're a LOT longer then they need to be. Might give it a little dust while im at it. Amazing how quickly our lovely pc's gather dust
Old 03-04-12, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsk View Post

Thanks will give it a go tonight. Only cable that i think are going to be particularly tricky are the ones connected to the graphics car. they're a LOT longer then they need to be. Might give it a little dust while im at it. Amazing how quickly our lovely pc's gather dust
Mine honestly doesn't get that bad, try getting some positive air pressure inside your case to help keep dust from settling. Oh and I'm liking how the be quiet cooler looks ,how well does it perform? also cracking rig mate loving it
Old 03-04-12, 12:28 PM
OC3D Crew

Very nice rig m8

u can't see my mess due to the basement of the cosmos 2 ^^

its very well done for a first time and only thing that doesent do it justice is the mousemat
Old 03-04-12, 12:35 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to xCeased
Nice Rig! Looking pretty sweet!

R.I.P All those who die fighting for our country!

Old 03-04-12, 01:09 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poynter View Post

Mine honestly doesn't get that bad, try getting some positive air pressure inside your case to help keep dust from settling. Oh and I'm liking how the be quiet cooler looks ,how well does it perform? also cracking rig mate loving it
How would you suggest getting more positive air pressure? adding fans? I believe that due to the fact that the 600t has a 200mm intake + a 200mm and 120 mm exhaust that it is a negative pressure case. The bequiet cooler is brilliant, my rig never seems to get hot and it really is as quiet as the branding suggests (you have to put your ear right up to it to hear it and i run it at full speed always). Glad you like the rig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tharionos View Post

Very nice rig m8

u can't see my mess due to the basement of the cosmos 2 ^^

its very well done for a first time and only thing that doesent do it justice is the mousemat
Haha ya know when i took the photos i thought the mousemat might come and bite me in the arse. I'll have a look at your cosmos if you have a gallery!