Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > OS & Apps

Old 20-03-12, 11:11 PM

I know this question is very common and i have looked around other forums to see if i can find an answer, and i have not yet been successful.

My problem is that i can't install windows 7 on a raid 0 setup. I am lead to believe i need to find drivers and then use them in the installation process. I do not know which drivers to use, or how to use them in the setup (yes this is my first time).

So really what i need your help with is, which drivers do i use? my second question is how do i use a USB as a A:drive to install the drivers?

Don't know whether it helps, but i have a z68 maximus iv gene z and the hard drives are 500gb barracudas.

Old 21-03-12, 12:46 AM
OC3D Elite

setup ur raid in the raid bios prior to installing it should see the raid and allow you to install raid drivers for that board should be in the install files preload when you boot to cd or usb. but the raid must be setup and active first with the boards bios
WD Black 649Gb 64mb Sata 6GB/s
HIS 7970's in xfire
Custom water Cooled
Corsair AX860
Corsair Air540
Old 21-03-12, 08:19 AM

so i dont need a usb with new drivers on it because they're already on the windows disk? i think i have set up the raid correctly... it does show me the raid array when asking me what disk i want to install to, is that completely set up or is there something more i need to do?
Old 21-03-12, 04:15 PM
OC3D Elite

if it shows ur raID THEN YES IT APPEARS TO BE SETUP damn caps you select it and hit next it should go from there. if it says you cant install to that volume then it may not of been set active. I'd delete the array and recreate it look closely for a make it bootable option this is all in the raid bios
WD Black 649Gb 64mb Sata 6GB/s
HIS 7970's in xfire
Custom water Cooled
Corsair AX860
Corsair Air540
Old 21-03-12, 04:34 PM
Advanced Member

Yeah, when I installed Win7 on my Raid set up I just did it through bios first (or may have actually chose disk set up through the windows disk) Then installed Win as normal, had no problems whatsoever.

My 1xCr Build

Old 21-03-12, 05:18 PM

ok i think it may not be the raid array causing my problem. I checked in the raid bios and it says that the disk should be bootable. I tried again with the same settings and again no luck. the actual error i am receiving is, "Windows Setup could not configure Windows on this computer’s hardware". i thought it was the raid disk causing this as on the microsoft support website it says "Your system has an Intel storage controller that is configured to "RAID" mode in the BIOS" could cause the problem. Obviously i need my bios set to RAID to be able to use the disk.
Old 24-03-12, 08:54 PM

i had a problem where it couldn't install on my RAID 0 drives. During install where you choose the HDD to install on there is an option where i had to look for the particular driver so windows could 'see' my RAID setup. All i had to do was stick in my motherboard driver cd and search for the intel raid driver. Once found windows could then see my raid setup and continued with the install. hope this helps...
Fractal Design Define XL | MSI Big Bang Xpower II | Intel i7 3820 | Corsair Vengeance LP x 32gb 1600mhz RAM | MSI Twin Frozr II GTX580 | Corsair Force 3 120gb SSD x 2 (RAID-0) | Hitachi 1tb 7200rpm HDD | LG Blu-ray drive | Corsair AX850 psu | Noctua NH-D14 cpu cooler | Noctua NF-P14 FLX x 4 | Noctua NF-S12B FLX |