Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 08-03-12, 11:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to GamerGirlAlice Send a message via Yahoo to GamerGirlAlice
can u all recommend a build i can do on a z68 that let me play wow on a 1600x1050 22" Samsung 3d monitor that look good and still run smoothly for as cheep as possible. just lost my ability to walk so all i can do is have a computer since i cant afford too spend 15k to fix the safety problems and convert my van to hand controls. i loved to drive and play computer games now i cant do ether. pc more in my reach since i am living on full disability of $738 a month.

i also have a corsair 800d and Logitech g51 speakers that survived the system shorting out. everything but speakers, monitor, and case are toast.

Old 08-03-12, 11:59 PM
Advanced Member

i3 2120 and a 6870 8gb of ddr3 ram....only reason I kno Im sitting watching my neighbour play the the game rite now every things up high on a 24inch 1080p monitor and the fps vary from 44fps to 68fps...the lowest was 44fps obv this could drop further in really crowded areas but hasnt happen yet....

so with your lower res monitor Im assuming you will get better fps, if you ran a similar set up
Old 09-03-12, 12:03 AM

Send a message via MSN to GamerGirlAlice Send a message via Yahoo to GamerGirlAlice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_the_scot View Post

i3 2120 and a 6870 8gb of ddr3 ram....only reason I kno Im sitting watching my neighbour play the the game rite now every things up high on a 24inch 1080p monitor and the fps vary from 44fps to 68fps...the lowest was 44fps obv this could drop further in really crowded areas but hasnt happen yet....

so with your lower res monitor Im assuming you will get better fps, if you ran a similar set up
what kind of board and psu dose he run???
Old 09-03-12, 12:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerGirlAlice View Post

what kind of board and psu dose he run???
hes running a asrock H61M basic of the basic but it does the the job

and a 500watt psu by ocz (moduler)...he was on a budget plus wanted to build summit he could pass onto his 13 year old son to play WOW and minecraft.
Old 09-03-12, 11:16 AM

i wonder if i should switch for mac for easy use since i cant walk and not sopsed to lift more then 5 pounds. i wounder if u buy a used mac if ther is issues transferring system info. also a idea of hacantosh.
Old 09-03-12, 11:39 AM
OC3D Elite

If you want to have someone totally build it for you, these sort of things are half decent. And of course if you have issues I'm sure they cover that (check)

http://3xs.scan.co.uk/

I might be wrong, but Aria probably do something similar.

Base your fps on somewhere where there are no other players, or offline. For each player or mob that enters you line of sight (360 degrees), a %age of fps will be impacted no matter if you have a £3000 mega computer or an el-cheapo £200 hand-me-down. Each other player/mob requires fetching information from the db on the server. Less so for a mob, but it's still an impact. The better the servers/isps get, the smaller the %age. (it is minute - but factor 1000 players on your screen and suddenly it's a reality)

Memory helps this, but the game is only 32bit, so can't see beyond 4g address space.

Only way to beat that is to visit the server farm, patch directly in, and prioritize your port

Old 09-03-12, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastalovich View Post

Memory helps this, but the game is only 32bit, so can't see beyond 4g address space.

Only way to beat that is to visit the server farm, patch directly in, and prioritize your port
World of Warcraft 64-bit client

Quote:

**Important things to keep in mind**

The 64-bit client is being distributed separately from the Retail version as it is not yet supported for use with World of Warcraft.Launching the game in 64-bit mode can only be done after patching the game to version 4.3.3, downloading and extracting the necessary files.The game’s built in voice chat does not currently work when using the 64-bit client.[Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the in-game movie recording functionality.[Mac] The 64-bit Mac client iTunes' Remote feature does not work at the present time.[Mac] The 64-bit Mac client does not currently support the customized LCD display for the Logitech G15 series of keyboards.[Mac] The 64-bit Mac client is currently not supported on 10.5 systems. You will need 10.6.8 or later for this version.Additional System Requirements:

Windows XP Professional “x64 Edition” / 64-bit Windows Vista / 64-bit Windows 7 (latest service packs).Mac OS 10.6.8 or newer.Mac Computer with Core 2 Duo or better2 GB or more of RAM.

If you encounter any issues while using the 64-bit version, please report your findings in this thread and return to using the 32-bit executable. In order to facilitate support when contacting Technical Support, please inform them if you are using the 64 bit client.

To remove the 64-bit client completely, delete the following files from your World of Warcraft folder:

Windows

Battle.net-64.dll

MovieProxy.exe

WoW-64.exe

Mac

World of Warcraft-64.app

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 09-03-12, 11:48 AM
OC3D Elite

Scan and Aria don't ship to the US
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Crucial M4 128GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 09-03-12, 11:50 AM
OC3D Crew

I vote PC, just because it's easier to upgrade.

Although Intel has the upper hand with gaming cores, AMD should also fit a nice cheapish budget as well. As WOW isn't extremely demanding like other games (BF3/COD for example) they should do the trick.
Old 09-03-12, 11:57 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post
Ah that's good to hear.

Any idea how close they are to erradicating the probable issues listed ?

Having said that, for the game to support 32bit users also, there is going to be a lot they won't be able to factor in.

All 64bit progress is good imo. Imo we should already be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post

Scan and Aria don't ship to the US
My bad. Someone like NewEgg maybe.

(I saw fife and got excited)