Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 01-03-12, 04:58 PM
The Guvnor

NZXT released the Switch just after CES, we finally get our hands on one and tell you if its worth all the fuss.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 01-03-12, 05:22 PM

Send a message via MSN to Briggsy
Thanks Tom, great stuff

Intel Core i7 2700K

Asus P8Z68-V Pro/Gen 3

Sapphire 7970 OC in Xfire

Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600MHz LP White

Corsair Force Series 3 120GB

Corsair AX1200

Noctua NH-D14

NZXT Switch 810

Asus Xonar D2X

Samsung S27850D

Razer Black Widow Ultimate

Razer Naga Epic/Ironclad

Logitech G13

SteelSeries Siberia V2/Bose

Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit
Old 01-03-12, 05:41 PM
OC3D Crew

Fantastic case, especially considering the price. The watercooling features are great and the little features like the LED's around the I/O are awesome ideas. I think i'm in love...

Great video Tom and amazing Water Cooling guide too, awesome work, keep it up!

Old 01-03-12, 06:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Not a single regret from buying my Switch, it truly is an epic case. First time I saw it I was like Tom thinking in my head you could fit this there, that there or turn this around and do that.

I spent ages looking for the right case and there are so many that come close, but none of them allow you to do exactly what you want to do without having to mod something and if you do mod the case it then takes something else away from it and prevents you from doing other things. The Switch is the only case where you can do literally almost everything in it and not have to worry about modding and losing other features for doing what you want in it.

One thing Tom didn't pick up on, or maybe he has and is mentioning it in the next vid, but anyway, I will say just in case.

If you plan on using a dual drive bay res there are two metal runners that separate the bays into single slots, and if like me yesterday, you didn't notice until you came to fit the res you are not going to be able to do it. What you need to do is either cut them off or bend them down so you can fit your res.

Old 01-03-12, 06:22 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post

Not a single regret from buying my Switch, it truly is an epic case. First time I saw it I was like Tom thinking in my head you could fit this there, that there or turn this around and do that.

I spent ages looking for the right case and there are so many that come close, but none of them allow you to do exactly what you want to do without having to mod something and if you do mod the case it then takes something else away from it and prevents you from doing other things. The Switch is the only case where you can do literally almost everything in it and not have to worry about modding and losing other features for doing what you want in it.

One thing Tom didn't pick up on, or maybe he has and is mentioning it in the next vid, but anyway, I will say just in case.

If you plan on using a dual drive bay res there are two metal runners that separate the bays into single slots, and if like me yesterday, you didn't notice until you came to fit the res you are not going to be able to do it. What you need to do is either cut them off or bend them down so you can fit your res.

only if your rez doesnt have those slots mate. I have my dual bay rez Monsoon and it has slots for the rails to work. Luckily lol but I can see where some may not be slotted and those will have to be removed. Fun part is going to be getting in there and cutting or bending them out of the way. I'll be tearing mine down again in the near future to make some changes.

But Epic Review for an Epic case Tom I love it.
WD Black 649Gb 64mb Sata 6GB/s
HIS 7970's in xfire
Custom water Cooled
Corsair AX860
Corsair Air540
Old 01-03-12, 06:38 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_I_N View Post

only if your rez doesnt have those slots mate. I have my dual bay rez Monsoon and it has slots for the rails to work. Luckily lol but I can see where some may not be slotted and those will have to be removed. Fun part is going to be getting in there and cutting or bending them out of the way. I'll be tearing mine down again in the near future to make some changes.

But Epic Review for an Epic case Tom I love it.
Mine didn't have the slots unfortunately.

It's this one in case anyone else is thinking of using it in the switch.

http://www.specialte...-pid-14208.html

I had to bend the rails with a pair of plyers, looks a bit of a mess but with the res in you can't see it so it doesn't really matter, I would have cut them but I don't have a dremal or anything like that and I didn't want to spend money on one just to cut those two little rails. *
Old 01-03-12, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Thanks for notifying that SieB ! ^^

I'm stunned by this case. Didn't gave it much attention until now I've seen and heard Toms comments

Makes me dream about watercooling and other epicness again...

Old 01-03-12, 06:59 PM
OC3D Elite

i think i found my next case

it was the nipple rubbing that sold me on it i think :rofl:

this case is going to get ripped off so badly this next 12 months, and so it should as some of its features are epic.

looks like this is the ball they was watching whilst the h2 was released lol

@tom

is this wide enough for an archos dude, maybe with other 140/120mm fans?
Old 01-03-12, 07:31 PM

Hey Tom,

Here's my question

So, I think I'm right in thinking you installed a 360mm in the top for the review? And then pointed out the issues with cabling fans. From my perspective it looks like, if you put a 420 Rad in the top (3x140), it would cover that space where you cabled your fans through?

Very nice review though Still not a case for me, but nice review

Hoping for an as in depth review for the Shinobi XL

kd
Old 01-03-12, 09:14 PM

Hey All Ive been a lurker on this forum for a while just never got setup until I today.

I purchased this case the first day it went for sale and love it.

I agree with everything Tom said on this case, he hits it dead on!

BUT, you can fit a 60 mm rad in a push / pull config. It all depends on your MB and if you are running the 120mm or 140 mm fans.

Proof

That is a pic of an Asus 990FX Sabertooth with an RX 360 60mm rad with 120mm Yateloon fans in push / pull. As you can see it is Verytight on my 8pin power connector, Close to 1mm clearance.

and as for the fan wires, I agree a grommet should be at the top of the case. But you don't have to run it out the front end of the case.

How I did it

You can run it out the side like so and go behind your MB with plenty of room.

Most of this could not work with a 140mm fan setup, I have tried it just to be double sure!

Besides that, Another amazing case and another amazing review from Tom!

Cheers,

Jeff