Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 10-02-12, 08:55 AM
The Guvnor

Today we look at the SRW-S1 from SteelSeries, a wheel designed around motion controls.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 10-02-12, 11:59 AM

For best results with this wheel while in simraceway, apply these settings recommended to me by an in-game admin:

Go to Options > Controls, click on the sensitivity tab and change X Axis Sensitivity to 40 (leave the rest at their default value of 50).

Next, click on the Rates tab and set the sliders to the following values:

Steering rate: 50

Throttle rate: 50

Brake rate: 50

Clutch rate: 20

Speed sensitivity: 0

Look ahead: 0

Head movement: 0

Exaggerate yaw: 0

All that is left to do after this is find your own sweet spot with the steering sensitivity dial on the front of the wheel, the admin recommended 360 but I prefer it closer to the 200 mark.

Hope this helps someone
Old 10-02-12, 01:05 PM
Advanced Member

for better results glue this thing to a doorknob and screw it to the edge of you desk!!!

http://3dmark.com/3dm11/2716743 highest 2500k+560Ti SLI TO DATE!!!
Old 10-02-12, 07:20 PM
Advanced Member

Good review but I do not understand these new motion steering wheels.

I love sim racing and use a lot of my time playing Iracing, Richard burns rally and all the simbin titels but to get the best experience then you need a proper wheel with realictic force feedback so you know what the car is doing and not just a fancy controller with lots of buttons and a rumble function.

I get the point of it being a step in the right direction towards getting a real wheel but why not get the real deal the first time?
Old 11-02-12, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus66 View Post

I love sim racing and use a lot of my time playing Iracing, Richard burns rally and all the simbin titels but to get the best experience then you need a proper wheel with realictic force feedback so you know what the car is doing and not just a fancy controller with lots of buttons and a rumble function.

I get the point of it being a step in the right direction towards getting a real wheel but why not get the real deal the first time?
I like It I may.......may go for one. I am not a big fan of motion sensative controllers but I had to get rid of my G27, as it shatterd my glass desk DOH.
Old 11-02-12, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasmus66 View Post

Not everyone can afford the real deal or maybe they don't have the room for a full setup.

This is a bloody good wheel when you mount it, it is so accurate and easy to use. (I have mine mounted on my tripod)

Old 11-02-12, 08:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical View Post

Not everyone can afford the real deal or maybe they don't have the room for a full setup.

This is a bloody good wheel when you mount it, it is so accurate and easy to use. (I have mine mounted on my tripod)
Haha love the DIY mounting thats pretty cool

But i can see some people would buy it because like you said it takes up very little room compared to a complete rig with pedal and everything.

My rig takes up quite a lot of space but i would never get rid of it and buy a motion controller
Old 11-02-12, 10:42 PM
OC3D Elite

Looks really good this and not bad for the price too. But i reckon i'd still go for g27 for the reason that i just feel that much more immersed in the game than i would be with this and the g27 with the force feedback and stickshift, its more real to me. I do see this selling well though, could be a great addition for a living room gaming pc or in a small box room where space is an issue. Good product overall though.
Old 21-02-12, 10:08 AM

My SRW-S1 is coming today. I have a force feedback logitech with pedals but I don't have room for it. The G27 looks great but again I dont have room for it and have read a lot of negative feedback about terrible input lag and parts wearing down.

I am totally not bothered about force feedback because I get that from the seat I sit on. I use an Aura vibration cushion with an additional speaker low pass filter I bought on ebay. Thus I get the engine and road vibration through my body!

I think that camera tripod mod is an excellent idea and that is something I actually would have room for just below my desk.
Old 23-02-12, 08:00 AM

Had the SRW-S1 for a couple of days, was working fine. Switch PC on today and all of the lights of the wheel are on and won't go off. The device is no longer detected in windows. Tried on 2 PC. The wheel is screwed after 2 days!

Returning it for Logitech G27.

EDIT:

Not getting G27 now.