Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 20-12-11, 12:27 PM
OC3D Elite

as some of you may remember, i ordered a bulldozer system on friday last week?

well, the default option on OCUK's website is 'next day delivery' now i expect this means next working day, so i waited in for it yesterday, to no avail, and its not here so far today, so i sent them a webnote that reads:

Quote:
hi

i ordered this on friday, order number above, i expected it to have arrived monday, its now tuesday, and its not here, i paid for next day delivery, i understand that dpd do not work weekends, but its now one day late, could you chase this up for me, and possibly get me a discount?

not on the parts, on the delivery, as if its advertised as next day, which means next working day, i would expect it to be next working day, and it hasnt been

thank you.
order:

now, i dont think thats unfair, as its mis-sold, if it says next day, it should be next day, ...even if its next working day...

Old 20-12-11, 12:40 PM

It depends what time you ordered on Friday, but with next day service I'd expect it no later than a Tuesday if ordered Friday late afternoon or evening. It should have been packaged and shipped Monday.

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 20-12-11, 12:43 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to 8bitbreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post

It depends what time you ordered on Friday, but with next day service I'd expect it no later than a Tuesday if ordered Friday late afternoon or evening. It should have been packaged and shipped Monday.
Yes my thoughts too, I'm looking forward to seeing how this build stacks up.

It was quite late if i remember right.

If you haven't broke anything, your not trying hard enough.

(\__/)

(='.'=) WD

(")_(")

Bazinga
Old 20-12-11, 01:17 PM
SleevingMaster

Send a message via Skype™ to PEXON
DPD are terrible couriers. I'd rather choose Royal Mail and go for 1st class recorded for around the same price. I order some stuff from OC-UK and Specialtech, which both use DPD and left a note on the door to deliver the package to the unit next door as I was away for the week working, yet every day, they posted a 'failed delivery,' note saying they would try again tomorrow. On another occassion, I was sent an -email saying my delivery was due for delivery between 3-4 oclock, I didn't receive the delivery for another 2 days, each day given a new e-mail stating the delivery time, yet nothing came. In my experience, DPD are crap; its nothing to do with OC-UK, they are not couriers.
Old 20-12-11, 01:27 PM

Yeah DPD are a bit dodgy in my experience but also ordering over the weekend/friday evening would make the earliest delivery Tuesday.
Old 20-12-11, 06:18 PM
OC3D Elite

they sent me back:

Quote:
Thanks for the webnote.

I do apologise for this, on the tracking it is stated to be on the vehicle for delivery today. I have discounted some of your shipping costs due to the inconvenience. I hope this helps.

Regards,
Result

and it arrived at 6:15 today

pics coming soon
Old 20-12-11, 07:24 PM

I actually quite like DPD, they work with Scan and I've never had such speedy service.

Some men just want to watch their CPU's Burn...

CPU: Intel i5 2500k Cooling: Cooler Master V8 Motherboard: Asus P67 Sabertooth Power Supply: Corsair AX850 Graphics Card: Asus GTX 580 Matrix Platinum Case: NZXT Phantom, Black

Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance Monitor: Asus ML239H Operating System: Windows 7 64bit Codename: Monolith
Old 20-12-11, 07:24 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by UFN View Post

I actually quite like DPD, they work with Scan and I've never had such speedy service.
I know. DPD are pretty quick .
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Crucial M4 128GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 20-12-11, 10:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Not for me, but props to ocuk for resolving it quickly and well
Old 20-12-11, 11:41 PM
Advanced Member

Little known fact with dpd is that you can log on to their site and check the actual hour your package will be delivered. Just no one seems to know about it.

My 1xCr Build