Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 11-10-11, 10:24 AM
OC3D Elite

Hi, firstly I think it's just a mistake but continue.

22nd September I sent nepas a payment of £50 for a PSU via Bank Transfer. He replied as received via PM, and said he would have to find some packaging to send it. He said he would send after work or the next day, which was cool. Since 22nd September nepas hasn't been online here, but was active for many days @ overclock.net, so I joined up there. I PM'd him there and sent him emails to his public email, still nothing.

It's now 11th October and nepas was last online @ overclock.net yesterday, but not been on here since.

I have already contacted an admin about this, and have been trying to find anyone who knows him personally to 'remind' him to come back on here.

Could someone who knows him, either personally or has a personal contact info's get in contact with him and let him know I'm still waiting.

I need this PSU as it's the only thing stopping my new PC starting up, and it's annoying now

Admins have access to the logs as it says on the inbox page, so if need be it's all there.

I trust nepas as he is a loyal member here, but need to get in contact with him asap.

Thanks a lot guys.

Old 11-10-11, 10:34 AM
OC3D Elite

Looks like a scam to me, since he's been active on another forum and is not replying to your PM's/e-mails. It could be that he promised the PSU without being fully aware if he had it in his possession (which is highly unlikely).

Did he post a photo of the PSU with his username/date when you bought it off him?

EDIT: I just saw the photo on the topic. He might have posted the same topic on another forum and totally forgot about it on this forum. As a result of that he might have sold it to another buyer. There could be many reasons why he hasn't replied, but I would say he has scammed you, however unlikely it may seem.
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Crucial M4 128GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 11-10-11, 10:39 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by yassarikhan786 View Post

Looks like a scam to me, since he's been active on another forum and is not replying to your PM's/e-mails. It could be that he promised the PSU without being fully aware if he had it in his possession (which is highly unlikely).

Did he post a photo of the PSU with his username/date when you bought it off him?

EDIT: I just saw the photo on the topic. He might have posted the same topic on another forum and totally forgot about it on this forum. As a result of that he might have sold it to another buyer. There could be many reasons why he hasn't replied, but I would say he has scammed you, however unlikely it may seem.
He did mate, and yes he has been active and posting on the other forums since 22nd September.

Topic:

http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.p...u/page__st__20

Edit: I understand that these sort of things happen, but it would of just been better to be honest and refund me. If he didn't have the money, I wouldn't of minded waiting until he did, just as long as I knew where I stood lol.
Old 11-10-11, 10:44 AM
Advanced Member

That sucks mate, it's nearly been a month I wouldn't have waited more than a week if the parcel hadn't arrived. Never really did any bank transfers so i'm guessing you can't get your money back (or am I wrong?)

He's got quite a lot of posts and has been on OC3D for a long time so I don't think he is a scammer, but something could have gone wrong - sent to wrong address / nepas having personal issues (e.g. hospital) / forgot about it / busy (thought he sent it). Hopefully it get's sorted out and the admins can help out and I hope i'm wrong and you can get a refund from a BT.
Old 11-10-11, 10:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post

That sucks mate, it's nearly been a month I wouldn't have waited more than a week if the parcel hadn't arrived. Never really did any bank transfers so i'm guessing you can't get your money back (or am I wrong?)

He's got quite a lot of posts and has been on OC3D for a long time so I don't think he is a scammer, but something could have gone wrong - sent to wrong address / nepas having personal issues (e.g. hospital) / forgot about it / busy (thought he sent it). Hopefully it get's sorted out and the admins can help out and I hope i'm wrong and you can get a refund from a BT.
It might be unlikely that he scammed Youngie1337, but why would he visit another forum and be active on another forum and not reply to numerous PM's/E-mails from Youngie1337. He could at least explain why the PSU has not been sent, to let Youngie1337 stay up to date.
Motherboard: Asus P8P67 Pro (B3) || CPU: i7 2600k || Graphics Card: EVGA GTX 780 Ti ACX || Memory: 16GB - Mushkin Blackline 8GB + Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB || SSD's + HDD's: Crucial M4 128GB (OS + Programs) + Caviar Black 2TB (Games + Storage) || CPU Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 || Power Supply: BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P9 750W || Case: Corsair Obsidian 650D || Monitor(s): Dell U2410 + HP w1907v

Old 11-10-11, 10:59 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

It might be unlikely that he scammed Youngie1337, but why would he visit another forum and be active on another forum and not reply to numerous PM's/E-mails from Youngie1337. He could at least explain why the PSU has not been sent, to let Youngie1337 stay up to date.
I know, I know, I'm not defending him just saying there could be reasons. I just did a google search and found various other forums he's on and on one of them his latest activity was today. So he just hasn't visited OC3D, hopefully it's an honest mistake and this can be sorted out quickly.
Old 11-10-11, 11:05 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara View Post

I know, I know, I'm not defending him just saying there could be reasons. I just did a google search and found various other forums he's on and on one of them his latest activity was today. So he just hasn't visited OC3D, hopefully it's an honest mistake and this can be sorted out quickly.
Hopefully he gets back soon or else other users may be put off from buying/selling from new sellers/buyers.

Old 11-10-11, 11:29 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:

Hopefully he gets back soon or else other users may be put off from buying/selling from new sellers/buyers.
Yup, hopefully this is all a big misunderstanding and he'll be back to explain the situation and get a courier to deliver the PSU to you soon.

Authorised Canadian Red Cross Training Provider

Give the gift of safety.
Old 11-10-11, 12:32 PM
OC3D Elite

I thought that PSU looked familiar....

I sold it to Nepas on here a couple of years ago.

I've dealth with him a couple of times on here and it all went smoothly so I'd hope it's just some sort of mistake. Can't think of what but hey.

I do still have his details but I shant be giving them out as OC3D will have the same details as I do and they should be able to help you resolve this.

http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.p..._1#entry279932
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 11-10-11, 12:49 PM
OC3D Elite

Thanks for the comments guys, I do hope it's just a mistake also.

The topic was not to slate or put down nepas's name, I was only wondering whether anyone had his contact information. He did mention that his internet was being a pain, but he has been active on other forums, so I'm guessing that isn't the reason for the delay.

If anyone can get in contact him on my behalf just to remind him or see what's happening, I would be very appreciative!

Thank you