Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 28-09-11, 09:19 AM
The Guvnor

With the Gen3 technologies starting to appear on motherboards, we take a look at the GD65 from MSI.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 28-09-11, 09:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Good to see the Gen3's are starting to come out now. The GD65-G3 seems a pretty decent board and just shows how overpriced the Sniper 2 is.

The GD65-G3 might not look as good but it doesn't look bad and performance wise, at half the price, it's not far off the Sniper 2 either nothing worth spending another £150 for anyway.

Also, I have probs with my Steelseries Xai in the BIOS of my P8P67 I have to use the keyboard, I think UEFI doesn't like some gaming mice
Old 28-09-11, 10:40 AM
OC3D Crew

Would be nice could test some of the Asrock gen3's ?
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved

Nicolo Machiavelli
Old 28-09-11, 10:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy7801 View Post

Would be nice could test some of the Asrock gen3's ?
Last I heard they were planning to send us one, so watch this space.
Old 28-09-11, 12:24 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBlade View Post

Last I heard they were planning to send us one, so watch this space.
Good! then full sweep of all the gens 3 on the market.
Upon this a question arises: whether it be better to be loved than feared or feared than loved? It may be answered that one should wish to be both, but, because it is difficult to unite them in one person, is much safer to be feared than loved

Nicolo Machiavelli
Old 28-09-11, 01:17 PM

Interesting, i've been trying to shortlist some Gen 3 motherboards for my upgrade so it's nice to see some performance results.

Shame the overclock wasn't too great but overall performance for the price seems reasonable.
Old 28-09-11, 03:53 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdolator View Post

Interesting, i've been trying to shortlist some Gen 3 motherboards for my upgrade so it's nice to see some performance results.

Shame the overclock wasn't too great but overall performance for the price seems reasonable.
Thought the performance for the price is fair the looks are little dull.

Nicolo Machiavelli
Old 28-09-11, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphy7801 View Post

Thought the performance for the price is fair the looks are little dull.
True, it's certainly not the nicest looking board. But worth considering for a windowless build perhaps.

The asrock board probably has it beat looks wise, be interesting to see how they compare performance wise, since i don't think there is too much difference in price right now between this and the extreme 4 gen 3 board.

And i think Asus have possibly just thrown some Gen 3 boards into the mix too.
Old 29-09-11, 01:59 PM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murdolator View Post

True, it's certainly not the nicest looking board. But worth considering for a windowless build perhaps.

The asrock board probably has it beat looks wise, be interesting to see how they compare performance wise, since i don't think there is too much difference in price right now between this and the extreme 4 gen 3 board.

And i think Asus have possibly just thrown some Gen 3 boards into the mix too.
Well asrock was created by asus and still hold majority ownership by long way so Iv always wondered if they use asrock as a Petri dish for new tech. Also the asrock extreme 4 and 3 look rather nice to me hopefully they perform well because want I liked use one for a htpc.

Nicolo Machiavelli
Old 29-09-11, 08:39 PM
OC3D Crew

This board runs my 2600k @4.5ghz 1.29v its my first MSI and so far i like it bios needs a bit of work they are updating it every week or so now so it will get there in the end
Corsair Hydro H105-Push pull Corsair SP120 Quiet Edition- SanDisk Extreme 120GB SSD