Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Cooling - Other

Old 16-06-11, 02:46 PM
Advanced Member

What would be the absolute best Thermal Paste to use with my soon to be Thermal Right Silver Arrow?

Old 16-06-11, 02:51 PM
OC3D Elite

I recently gave Arctic M-X2 a try and I got 3 *c lower temps than I got with AS5, Noctua NT-H1, Tuniq TX-3 and Artic cooling ceramic in the past.

IC Diamond is supposed to be one of the best there is but I have never tried it myself.
Old 16-06-11, 02:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SieB View Post

I recently gave Arctic M-X2 a try and I got 3 *c lower temps than I got with AS5, Noctua NT-H1, Tuniq TX-3 and Artic cooling ceramic in the past.

IC Diamond is supposed to be one of the best there is but I have never tried it myself.
XD Sieb, you I can always count on to give me a helping hand. Dude I am gonna start a PC Tech and Gaming Youtube channel Both you and TTL along with OC3D are gonna be my first shout outs! Hmmmmm What about the M-X4? I heard IC Diamond 7 Carat is suppose to be good.
Old 16-06-11, 02:59 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyDiggyHole View Post

XD Sieb, you I can always count on to give me a helping hand. Dude I am gonna start a PC Tech and Gaming Youtube channel Both you and TTL along with OC3D are gonna be my first shout outs! Hmmmmm What about the M-X4? I heard IC Diamond 7 Carat is suppose to be good.
Helping is what the forums are for there are a lot of good helpful people here

I read reviews for MX-4 and MX-3 and a lot of people were saying that MX-2 was better for some reason, the IC Diamond is supposed to be really good but i've never used it so I don't know how good it actually is. Some other members here are using it so they might be able to tell you.
Old 16-06-11, 03:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Helping is what the forums are for there are a lot of good helpful people here

I read reviews for MX-4 and MX-3 and a lot of people were saying that MX-2 was better for some reason, the IC Diamond is supposed to be really good but i've never used it so I don't know how good it actually is. Some other members here are using it so they might be able to tell you.
Oh I almost forgot, off topic but....I wanna put my bulldozer build against your Sandy Bridge build ;D Lets see who can bench and overclock the best on there rigs!
Old 16-06-11, 03:14 PM
OC3D Elite

We will have to see, BD might be slightly better than the 2500K but I think the 2600K will still be on top when overclocked. If rumors are true BD is supposed to have the performance of a 2600K but I don't see it as much of an achievement from AMD seen as BD has 8 cores and the 2600K only has 4.

Also 2011 is out soon and I expect that to destroy BD in performance although the 2011 CPU's will be pricey. Only time will tell though
Old 16-06-11, 03:35 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

We will have to see, BD might be slightly better than the 2500K but I think the 2600K will still be on top when overclocked. If rumors are true BD is supposed to have the performance of a 2600K but I don't see it as much of an achievement from AMD seen as BD has 8 cores and the 2600K only has 4.

Also 2011 is out soon and I expect that to destroy BD in performance although the 2011 CPU's will be pricey. Only time will tell though
Dude, do not compare Bulldozer and LGA2011, it is not designed to compete with that, it is design to blow 1155 away, and it shall. Also from recent news, it seems you may be wrong. Apparently bulldozer is gonna have some amazing overclocking innovations in store and besides, Bulldozer does have Eight cores but, it is not a Hyperthreader it is Physical Rather then Logic and so I am almost certain that the 2600k will be blown away. Who knows, by the time AM4 comes around and Scorpios, that LGA 2011 tone you are singin may just change
Old 16-06-11, 03:35 PM
OC3D Elite

icd is very good temp wise but its a pain to apply and clean, not an issue if your not swapping heatsinks and cpu often but you will want to do a test application or 2 when you first use it so you get it right as its easy to use too much/little but get it right and its great.

mx3 is a good pick as its easier to use, or if you can get some as its eol now ocz freeze extreme is a personal fave but i have ran out and cant get any atm
Old 16-06-11, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsey99 View Post

icd is very good temp wise but its a pain to apply and clean, not an issue if your not swapping heatsinks and cpu often but you will want to do a test application or 2 when you first use it so you get it right as its easy to use too much/little but get it right and its great.

mx3 is a good pick as its easier to use, or if you can get some as its eol now ocz freeze extreme is a personal fave but i have ran out and cant get any atm
Hmmmmmm so ICD Is a pain to Put on and get off...crap -____- what should I do, go for the Better temps but harder to apply or decent temps and easy to apply.
Old 16-06-11, 04:39 PM
OC3D Elite

depends how ofter your swapping cpu/heatsinks mate.

if you want to fit and forget its icd, yea you will need a couple of fittings first time out so you know how much to use but thats it.

its only a draw back if you swap cpu around every few days to test them or heatsinks and such because it really is thick and hard to clean off.