Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Air Cooling

Old 13-02-11, 07:59 PM

Hello I am going to purchase an asus sabertooth motherboard x58 and a cpu cooler to go along with it and I was wondering which cpu cooler to get. Seeing how obsessed you all are with noctua I decided to take a look at some of them and found the Noctua NH-C12P SE14 however I have EXTREMELY TALL Gskill Pi series ram. I am wondering what is the best cooler for the sabertooth x58 that is under 100$ and will fit even with 6 sticks of ram.

any air cooler you guys know that will fit with tall ram on the sabertooth x58 motherboard and cools well would be greatly appreciated.

Old 13-02-11, 08:06 PM
OC3D Elite

It all depends on what cooler and what RAM you buy, just make sure one will fit with the other.

You should be able to find out what RAM the cooler will fit with on the manufactures website, or just type the name of the cooler and the RAM in a Google search and you should be able to find a link telling you whether it will fit or not.

Old 13-02-11, 08:40 PM

are you kidding me?

I ASKED FOR A CPU COOLER NOT RAM!!!! I already have ram. I was asking what is a good cooler that will fit with the asus sabertooth motherboard with all 6 slots filled with tall ram. SO what is a good cpu air cooler that will fit on the asus sabertooth x58 motherboard with very tall gskill ram.

I ALREADY HAVE A PC WITH RAM AND MOBO I WANT TO KNOW THE COOLER!!!
Old 13-02-11, 08:53 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by megamindstorm101 View Post

are you kidding me?

I ASKED FOR A CPU COOLER NOT RAM!!!! I already have ram. I was asking what is a good cooler that will fit with the asus sabertooth motherboard with all 6 slots filled with tall ram. SO what is a good cpu air cooler that will fit on the asus sabertooth x58 motherboard with very tall gskill ram.

I ALREADY HAVE A PC WITH RAM AND MOBO I WANT TO KNOW THE COOLER!!!
Well excuse me f*** wit there is no need to shout, I misread your post.

And for a start saying what is the best cooler for a Sabertooth X58 is IRELAVENT, it's the RAM that is the deciding factor, I think what you mean to say is what is the best cooler that will fit with 6gb of Gskill Pi series ram.

Like I said before go to the manufactures web site of the cooler you are interested in or do a Google search With name of said cooler and said RAM. Also leave the attitude at home, bitch.

Old 13-02-11, 10:05 PM
Advanced Member

Send a message via MSN to Jamsand
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835608020 if it'll fit in the case then single tower should avoid the ram issue completely. just a suggestion. that or get d-14 move one of the fans? can't think of any thin duel towers off top of my head sorry.
Old 13-02-11, 10:13 PM
OC3D Elite

@Megamindstorm: Calm down! We're here because we want to help, not because we have to! If you have an attitude like that people won't even bother to help you in the future.

@SieB: His response to your post isn't justified, but neither is yours. There will be no shouting on this forum

Hmm.. I sound a bit like I'm a mod in this post, which I'm not.. sorry

As for the cooler: I'd look at the Prolimatech lineup. They have some very good coolers that won't interfere with large ram heatsinks, but be prepared to lay down some money for them. Apart from the Prolimatech ones, there's the Thermalright Venomous X which is a lot like the Prolimatech coolers.
Old 13-02-11, 11:24 PM

well sorry gosh....

and mobo does kinda matter because for example if I have the mobo like this dx58so the ram is on top, some amd boards for example have the ram farther or closer. Since the sabertooth is relatively new there arent pics or vids with every type of cooler on them.

and I am planning on 6 sticks so it has to be able to completely clear all 6 slots of ram.

@jamsand 140mm fan even with removing one of them i think it would hit one of the sticks.

@SieB 2 of those words were uncalled for. And its all fine and dandy to critisize me but at least show me a cooler if your going to critisize.

I recently installed a cooler master hyper 212 in a friends amd build and even though it looked small in the pictures it hit one of the sticks of ram so I had to change the orientation of the fan in order to make it fit. If that one does it than I am worried one I look at will.
Old 13-02-11, 11:29 PM

seems this should fit http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...octua%20NH-U9B basically the fan cant stick out any more than about a cm from where the 4 screw holes are.
Old 13-02-11, 11:34 PM
OC3D Elite

If you're so worried I'd just get something like a Corsair H50 or H70, atleast then you'll know it'll fit
Old 13-02-11, 11:47 PM
OC3D Elite

Water under the bridge, water off a ducks back, Ce La Vi. lets just forget it happened

Anyway here is the Noctua site you can find out which RAM is compatible with which cooler on there.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=produkte&lng=en