Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
  #1  
Old 07-12-10, 12:55 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 15,289
Is the newly released GTX580 a bit too steep for your wallet? Today we take a look at the GTX570 to see if it can keep up the performance of its sibling.

Continue Reading

__________________

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 07-12-10, 01:07 PM
Stromatolites Stromatolites is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 598
Send a message via MSN to Stromatolites
Now look what you have gone and done. You have made me reach for my wallet....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 07-12-10, 01:14 PM
stevenwright6379 stevenwright6379 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tom's Magic cupbord
Posts: 996
i think i am in love lol
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 07-12-10, 01:17 PM
hmmblah's Avatar
hmmblah hmmblah is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,617
Fits right where we expected. I would have liked to have seen 470 results in there as well because I am sure a lot of people will be trying to decide between the lower priced 470 and the new-kid-on-the-block 570. Nice review though. I hope nVidia can keep on this path of winning cards for awhile. It will be interesting to see what AMD fires back with at the $350 price range.

How early did you get 3DMark 11?
__________________
i7 930 | GA-X58A-UD3R | GTX680 | 6GB DDR3 | 250GB 840 Pro SSD



3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 07-12-10, 01:17 PM
khorngor khorngor is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Tom what would you recon is best, a 580 gtx overclocked or 2x MSI 460 GTX Hawk overclocked?

And will you do a review of the MSI 460 GTX Hawk?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 07-12-10, 01:28 PM
Heebs Heebs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 134
I saw the AMD 1100T review and thought to myself, the 570 review is bigger news, is Tom on crack?

Great review again.

No point to do a 460 GTX Hawk review, its a great card, its got a better cooler than reference and arguably can handle over voltage without issue. Honestly, I'd go and pick up a 570 before I dropped money on a 2x GTX 460 Hawk configuration.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 07-12-10, 01:34 PM
khorngor khorngor is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs View Post

I saw the AMD 1100T review and thought to myself, the 570 review is bigger news, is Tom on crack?

Great review again.

No point to do a 460 GTX Hawk review, its a great card, its got a better cooler than reference and arguably can handle over voltage without issue. Honestly, I'd go and pick up a 570 before I dropped money on a 2x GTX 460 Hawk configuration.
Guess ill just pick up a single 580 then rather than 2x 460, just figured that overclocked 2x 460s would do near identical preformance for a 100£ less.

But i guess that was wishful thinking
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 07-12-10, 01:36 PM
tinytomlogan's Avatar
tinytomlogan tinytomlogan is offline
The Guvnor
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: TTL Towers
Posts: 15,289
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmmblah View Post

Fits right where we expected. I would have liked to have seen 470 results in there as well because I am sure a lot of people will be trying to decide between the lower priced 470 and the new-kid-on-the-block 570. Nice review though. I hope nVidia can keep on this path of winning cards for awhile. It will be interesting to see what AMD fires back with at the $350 price range.

How early did you get 3DMark 11?
We havnt really tested a 470 and the fact it kills a 480 should be enough for you to use your noggin.

Had 3d11 for the first launch before we were asked to stay quiet for the 'patch'
__________________

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW


Get along or run along. Your choice
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 07-12-10, 01:38 PM
stevenwright6379 stevenwright6379 is offline
OC3D Crew
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Tom's Magic cupbord
Posts: 996
looking on HWbot it needs another patch for SLI scaling so i also need to sort that out later?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 07-12-10, 01:39 PM
Heebs Heebs is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by khorngor View Post

Guess ill just pick up a single 580 then rather than 2x 460, just figured that overclocked 2x 460s would do near identical preformance for a 100£ less.

But i guess that was wishful thinking
This should help

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/..._460_1gb_sli/3
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT. The time now is 07:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.