Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 02-12-10, 12:48 PM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to cbiltsouris
hey guys im wondering if theres younger people like me who are on these forums, im 100% sure there probably is. im interested on how they went on there builds

Old 02-12-10, 12:57 PM
OC3D Elite

im 20 if thats counts as being young

though i did start off when i was 14 fiddling with pc's, not everything went to plan then though

Rig Gallery | My Setup | Other Builds
Old 02-12-10, 01:00 PM

I started out around 14 as well. 27 now...damn.

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 02-12-10, 01:02 PM
OC3D Crew

yeah thats when i started aswell! but now i went into the deep end and didnt no how to swim, go on profile and see my rig. then think about if owned that rig and it broke how would you feel?

Old 02-12-10, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by sources95 View Post

yeah thats when i started aswell! but now i went into the deep end and didnt no how to swim, go on profile and see my rig. then think about if owned that rig and it broke how would you feel?
my first reaction would be how do you afford to have that rig at that age lol i can only just afford it now and we got similar specs

and then if it broke i would be working towards fixing it, however annoyed i get with it, i always keep going back to things to fix them

Rig Gallery | My Setup | Other Builds
Old 02-12-10, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sources95 View Post

We've all been there. Unfortunately, it's the best way to learn. If everything went right 100% of the time, none of us would know anything .

My very first PC was a prebuilt bought from a store. I had it for about a year and wanted to upgrade it. I upgraded as much as I could, HD, video, etc. but I reached a point where I couldn't upgrade anymore. I wanted to build my own, but my parents didn't think I could do it. So, I broke my old machine by shutting it off halfway through a BIOS upgrade. The 'rents had no choice but to let me try to build one. I had the cash, but didn't have a credit card so had to use their card to order. The rest is history.

3DMark11 - P10045 | X3680
Old 02-12-10, 01:12 PM
OC3D Crew

mate i worked out my guts at the start if the year i was upgrading from a pentium D which was at 3ghz but took 13 minutes to log into my account. but when i built my own rig it really did show me how much technology has moved forward. it literally shat on the other pc 100000000000 times over, does anyone want a sliverstone raven? huge case it will make you feel like a man i want the bitfenix venom thingy.

Old 02-12-10, 01:16 PM
OC3D Crew

how ironic hmmmblah thats exactly what I did word for word! the only reason why mum said i could build one is because my cousin used to own a pc store but now he works for the government. like he manages the towns network and everything. mind you he lives in the country, he checked my rig out aswell and he said it was fine.

Old 02-12-10, 01:43 PM

Well im 17, so I guess that is pretty young on this forum.

My build has gone fine. I got back from my holiday in America and had some spare money in my bank.

So i thought i should put it to use and use it for something i've always wanted to do.

Bought all the parts that I looked for, for a few months. Then put it all together with little problems.

Was fun and I look forward to upgrading my build and perhaps doing other builds when I have an actual job

Nice little fact: The diameter of our Galaxy, in miles, is almost the same number as the number of bits in 66831 TB.
Old 02-12-10, 01:46 PM
OC3D Crew

whats clocks are ya getting mate? ur too old now! grandpa soon:P