Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Project Logs & Gallery > Project Logs

Old 17-11-10, 04:47 PM

Okay, well I just recently got finished putting together my new PC. And I thought i'd create a little forum post of what I plan to do with my case. In order to get some feedback and perhaps some ideas. I also do not have a name for this project so called it Unknown X.

So, I have the:

HAF-X Case

Asus Crosshair IV Formula Motherboard

AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Corsair A70 CPU Cooler

Coolermaster 850W PSU

Powercolor PCS+ 5870 1GB

G.Skill Ripjaw (2 x 2G 1600Mhz

I dont have pictures of my case atm but i'll probably just leave that until i'm done with the mods.

Because red is my favourite colour i'm going with a red and black theme. Which is convenient being that the front 230MM fan on the front is red and my motherboard also fits into that overall theme.

So what I plan to do is respray some of the parts of the case so it isn't entirely black, instead red and black to make it stand out more. Like so:

I'm planning on putting an NZXT Sentry LX in(on the second and third drive bays) Mainly for looks But also because i'd like to pc to remain quiet when idle.

With this image im just showing where I plan to put two cathodes in(i'm unsure if I should get red ones as they usually appear slightly pinkish) I was considering green as it contasts the red.

(Also the image is upside down) On top of my case are two 200mm fans one that is currently off due to the fact is to loud. So I was planning on getting two 200mm red led fans to replace them and perhaps another to replace the 200mm fan on the side panel.

If my case is bright enough and looks nice them I might replace the 140mm on the back aswell (probably won't need to).

As for the wiring I plan to get red sleeving for all my cables. I'd also love to change all the heads of the cables but it seems like too much hassle and I dont want to screw it up. I'm perhaps going to get two more sticks of G.skill ripjaws to have 8GB of RAM (is it worth it?)

It may seem simple to some other projects on here. But this is my first custom computer

So I'd like some opinions and perhaps ideas.

*Update*

Just ordered 1 fan (only had one in stock ) Got the NZXT Sentry, some compressed air, some cable sleeving and a Lian LED Strip. Also going to get some spray paint to paint the parts of my case shown above. I'll upload some images as soon as I can.

Nice little fact: The diameter of our Galaxy, in miles, is almost the same number as the number of bits in 66831 TB.
Old 17-11-10, 08:45 PM
The Guvnor

red cathodes are PINK. Make sure if you want red lights you buy LED's

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-11-10, 09:19 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Aye red cathodes are friggin pink alright.

That was what ruined my Radiomactive. I wanted red and when it all came (EL IDE cables and cathodes) it looked like a night out at the blue oyster bar
Old 05-12-10, 06:25 PM

Okay an Update:

Well I have not been able to paint my case or anything like that due to the weather.

Will have to do that at a different time.

Anyway after watching Tom's latest vid on watercooling, it has inspired me to do it aswell.

So for Christmas I asked to get a watercooling kit from Special Tech and watercool my CPU.

I will upload pictures of my rig after i've installed everything and made everything look tidy and sexy

Looking forward to seeing the results!

Nice little fact: The diameter of our Galaxy, in miles, is almost the same number as the number of bits in 66831 TB.
Old 05-12-10, 07:39 PM

Looks set to be awesome

I personally would put the fan controller in the top two.

Also i think that single sleeving with a mixture of black and red looks fantastic; maybe look into that?

The pic is blue and black, but you get my point
Old 05-12-10, 08:55 PM

Yeah thanks for the idea man.

I do agree though that blue and black looks awesome

Also how would I go about doing all that sleeving ?

Old 06-12-10, 01:56 AM
OC3D Elite

I think there is a sleaving guide somewere about on here, have a little search and im sure you will find it, you can buy kits or the bits you need, if your going for single wire sleaving then the kits would probably be not as usefull as buying a few meters of the colors you want and some heat shrink.

EDIT:

http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.p...e-56k-warning/

Theres the guide.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Seems the pictures have gone, should still be fairly usefull anyway.
Xspc Rasa | Phobya G-Changer 240 + 360 | Phobya dc12-400 | 7x Orange Xigmatek XLF 120mm
| 2x EK 580 blocks | Alphacool Copper fittings

Old 06-12-10, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hunta x View Post

I think there is a sleaving guide somewere about on here, have a little search and im sure you will find it, you can buy kits or the bits you need, if your going for single wire sleaving then the kits would probably be not as usefull as buying a few meters of the colors you want and some heat shrink.

EDIT:

http://forum.overclock3d.net/index.p...e-56k-warning/

Theres the guide.

DOUBLE EDIT:

Seems the pictures have gone, should still be fairly usefull anyway.
Thanks for that. I'll defo look into it. It really does look sweet

Old 16-12-10, 04:19 PM

Just got done watercooling my system yesterday. Was quite a hassle but it was my first time.

So here are the results

CPU Waterblock (the pic is a bit dark to show the red)

CPU Waterblock again, sorry for the glare will take better picutre later

Inside the case

No flash so it is fuzzy did it to show the red again

Tell me what you think. Wish I had a better camera for this kinda thing

The cables are more tidy now as those pics were takin when it was on its side.

I'm pleased with how quiet it is, atm the system temp is 36 degress C and the CPU temp is 48 degrees.

With a 4Ghz OC, would you say these figures are good, if not, help would be lovely.

Old 16-12-10, 04:23 PM

Looks good so far man really not a fan of your chunky case but interior looks nice, maybe some more cable management on the right side of the rig ^^

P.S Loving the fact theirs a playstation 1/2 controller on the floor