Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Rants

Old 15-11-10, 12:10 PM

Finally got round to selling all my car spares to free up room in the garage, managed to make enough for the lovely NZXT Phantom case in white so off I went searching the net for a nice price with decent delivery. Few hours later it was ordered and I was a very happy chap.

It turned up last Tuesday night at 5PM, took it inside and got it unpacked and then that is where the problems came

Rather than catalogue the damage I am going to link a few pictures so you can see it all for yourselves.

http://s1107.photobucket.com/home/Syn1k

Now I am currently fighting with seller who will not sort my RMA details until they have filed a complaint with the courier which means I have £120 worth of damaged goods sitting around doing nowt. I just can't wait for them to confirm the RMA and have them ask for me to send the product back to them, I am going to whip out the Sales of Goods Act and beat them to the ground with it until they arrange a courier to get it picked up and replaced.

PS. I decided not to mention both the seller and the courier just in case it violated some rules.

Old 15-11-10, 12:38 PM
The Guvnor

Where did you buy it from dude?

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Old 15-11-10, 12:50 PM

Grabbed it from Scan.co.uk

I will never be using them again, the hassle just to get an RMA is beyond belief.
Old 15-11-10, 01:09 PM
The Guvnor

Id phone them and explain, send pictures ect dude. It was probably the courier rather than Scan themselves in their deffence.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Old 15-11-10, 01:20 PM
OC3D Elite

My god someone has been throwing that package around like a mad man

The Iron is the best antidepressant I have ever found. There is no better way to fight weakness than with strength. Once the mind and body have been awakened to their true potential, it’s impossible to turn back.
Old 15-11-10, 01:20 PM

Aye, sent all the relevant stuff off on Thursday, just waiting for them to confirm it can be RMA'd.

I just find it annoying to do all the leg work and then have to wait for a decision on RMA based on what happens between Scan and the courier.

Also I must add that the packaging was just the normal box with no additional protection or even a sticker stating "This is Fragile" or "This way up". Having said that the packaging was relatively fine in comparison the damage inside :|
Old 15-11-10, 01:30 PM
OC3D Elite

Unlucky, i would of been pissed off if that had happened with my phantom, only thing with mine was one of the psu rubber feet were missing but i eventually found it, hope you get sorted!

Rig Gallery | My Setup | Other Builds
Old 15-11-10, 01:32 PM
OC3D Crew

That's REALLY bad. I've never seen a case so battered as usually the packaging absorbs the knocks quite well. They literally must have thrown it around or played football with it or something. As Tom says, it'll be the couriers fault rather than SCAN, and be thankful they're sorting it for you rather than telling you to do it seeing as once you sign for it, the case is technically your property, not that of SCAN.

That said, I've found their service to be pretty ok overall, so here's fingers crossed they manage to resolve it quickly for you.

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14
Old 15-11-10, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runebeard View Post
As Tom says, it'll be the couriers fault rather than SCAN, and be thankful they're sorting it for you rather than telling you to do it seeing as once you sign for it, the case is technically your property, not that of SCAN.
Not exactly true, a delivery note (as the name suggests) indicates merely that the product has been delivered and not that they have been accepted. If there is a problem with the goods, you may still reject them, particularly if you haven’t previously had a chance to examine them in person.

The other thing is that the supplier is under obligation to ensure the goods are well protected while they are in transit. The supplier must also make sure the delivery company/courier are aware that the goods are fragile or if they are to be kept or carried in a certain way. If they do not, they will be liable for any damage occurred in transit.

You get so many more rights and allowances as an online shopper.

The problem I have at the moment is waiting for them start the ball rolling on the RMA, it seems as if they are trying to sort things out with the courier before sorting things out with me which I feel is the wrong way of dealing with things.

For those interested to see what twists and turns are yet to come I will continue to document all the steps I have to go through before I get what I paid for.
Old 15-11-10, 02:04 PM
OC3D Elite

was the courier city link by any chance? ive had a few things damaged from them in transit but scan always sorted my RMA and went after the courier themselves afterwards

phone and get onto someone mate best way about it i always found

Intel Core i7 @ 4ghz and rising!

Noctua NH-D14 - Samsung F3 1TB - Asus P6X58D Premium - 12GB Corsair XMS3 1600

Zotac GTX580 at 895/1790/4200 @ 1030v (1000mv stock @ 772 core) - Corsair TX850 - Corsair 700D