Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 14-10-10, 05:38 AM

Hello I was sent here by TTL and well I have Asus Crosshair IV Formula with AMD 965 and OCZ ram at 1600 (OCZ3G1600LV6GK)< I had this set of ram because I used to own an i7 rig. I made sure to just run two on the motherboard. Well, I tried changing the ram to 1600 because on auto it runs at 1065mhz I made sure to change the volt to 1.65 witch is recommended voltage on the ram and at that speed. I ran memtest with both sticks and the test failed, I took out 1 stick and ran the test and it passed at settings all on auto and also changing it to 1600mhz and 1.65 volt and it passed, I tried all three and they passed. Since I saw them passing I put back the other stick of ram and the test failed on Auto settings and manual settings of 1600 and 1.65. I really don't know what I'm doing wrong, I'm running my AMD at stock and tried some settings that OCZ mod told me to try and it still failed.

Old 14-10-10, 12:45 PM
The Guvnor

For starters I would up the voltage on the cpu/nb and then the single nb volts a little and see if it helps. If not what you will have to do is change the divider and then overclock the cpu untill the memory is sat at 1600mhz fella.

AMD doesnt support XMP profiles so with faster ram sometimes this is the only thing that works. We have quite a few people here on the forums with AMD though so we will get you through it.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-10-10, 06:45 PM

Hello thank you, I tried turning up the voltage on cpu/nb since I asked some body at ocz forums and well he said to put cpu/nb to 1.3v, HT to 1.25V, NB to 1.225V also with the following timings 8-8-8-24 and 1.66v on Ram. After trying those settings I thought I was stable again but my brother in law was playing L4D 2 and the computer ended up crashing. Maybe I'll see if I can go up to 4.0 or something and see if that will work
Old 15-10-10, 04:44 AM

well never mind thanks anyways. Admin delete post please since no help yet :|
Old 15-10-10, 08:01 AM
The Guvnor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hchazari View Post

well never mind thanks anyways. Admin delete post please since no help yet :|
I am admin dude. And please be patient we do have our own lives.

I would work on changing the cpu bus clock and then getting a better tie in with the cpu multiplier. As you may just be asking too much atm. As you change the bus clock you will see that the mem dividers will change so just keep an eye on that and change it to whats best for you.

Remember overclocking will need more volts and time putting in to make it stable but you will be better off in the long run dude.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 16-10-10, 06:33 AM

Hey thank you I tried everything as putting 1.70 volts and 1.8 but no go it really sucks so I just ended up buying a dual channel Corsair Dominator DDR3 at 1600 and it actually runs fine without no problems. The ocz ram just was probably the trouble, maybe I can just sell it to someone who is looking for some ram for their I7 rig. I was about to RMA the board because I thought it was the slots that were bad but the new ram runs awesome.