Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 06-09-10, 12:09 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
More quadfire shenanigans

So having ruled out power as a problem I tried running the exact same config in the Asrock as I had in the Crosshair II. And, the same thing happens. No display, continual fan and LED looping, bottom card freaking out.

On Friday evening I sent an email to that guy from Asrock (who sent me the beta bios for X6). Today we have exhanged a lot of emails and he thinks for 99% definite that the board should definitely run the two cards together. He also said that he would get onto the main offices in Taiwan and instruct them to find the answers, and, if needs be fix the bios (which we are both pretty certain is the cause of the issues).

Here is a video running a single working card. Note the fan pattern. When it goes down in speed I get a signal and post.

Blue light is the Physx PPU.

And here is what happens when I try and run two cards. Listen to the noise and watch the LEDs. They are in perfect timing with what the fans are doing. Note that the top one is a completely different pattern to that of the bottom one? This is the super Scooby Doo mystery.

Interesting eh?*

*OK, maybe not and maybe I am really boring you all with my super geeky addicted to hardware thing

Old 13-11-10, 10:18 AM
OC3D Crew

Send a message via MSN to TMaksimov
Surprising how you got so much support from Asrock. Seriously.. hats off to these guys.

"see here - watch - follow - achieve & stfu"

Old 14-11-10, 03:24 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Well they never got back to me. Personally I think the PCIE lanes did not have enough power to feed the cards. Either that or the ampage on my 12v was not enough to feed both the cards AND the lanes. On the Asrock it needs a molex for the PCIE lanes.

Fair play though. I mean they have to draw the line somewhere I guess and it is knocking on 6 years old