Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 15-08-10, 10:13 PM

I'm new to the liquid cooling field so I'm still not too sure how my build is going to turn out. So far, I bought:

Cooler Master HAF932 Case

EK Supreme HF Nickel/Acetal AM3 CPU block

Indigo Xtreme TIM

Black Ice GTX240 Radiator

DangerDen CPX-Pro Pump

7/16" ID 5/8" OD Tygon Tubing

Feser One UV Purple Coolant

2x Enermax T.B. Silence 120mm fans

Wire ties to clamp the tubing

I still haven't figured out where exactly I'm going to place my pump yet, but I'm thinking probably on the bottom of the case next to the power supply. I'm going to be using the fillport that is on the case and a T-line. My case still hasn't come in yet, so I was wondering if there was enough room to mount the radiator on the top of the case, while doing a push-pull setup with it. I also realized that the airflow on the two Enermax fans are not that high, only about 42.1 m^3/h. I originally thought about using the two fans to push the air into the radiator (top exhaust), but I now want to try to make it push-pull. Will using four fans on the radiator fit in the case? Also, which fans should I get that will work best with my radiator? Preferably I want the fans to be as quiet as possible but still run well with my setup. I heard from somewhere not to use sleeved bearing fans horizontally, but I can't really tell which fans are and are not sleeved. Does it really make much of a difference?

How should I arrange my case fans? I was thinking about just using the front, side panel and my bottom psu as my intake, and then use the rear fan and top radiator as my exhaust. Will that be good or do you guys have a different suggestion?

I was also wondering if I should just leak test the system with my Feser One coolant and if there are no leaks, just leave it as is, or do I use distilled water, test, drain, fix any leaks, test again if there were any leaks, and then fill up with the Feser One coolant? Will it be alright to be moving the system around? I plan on bringing my system back to school when it starts, which is about 1.5 hours of a drive.