Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Freebies

Old 14-08-10, 02:09 PM
The Guvnor

Overclocking, thats why we are here right? To eek out every last mhz from our components in an effort to beat the banker deal or no deal style! Trouble is when overclocking the trade of is an increase in heat [sad face].

Here at OC3D we have been lucky enough to have tested many of the quality coolers from Noctua, one of which the NH-D14 is as far as we are concearned THE best air cooler on the planet. Not only is it the best performing air cooler we have ever tested, but is also about as close to silent as you are ever going to get.

But now the time has come for us to share the love, thanks to Noctua we have a pretty large haul of Noctua Cooling goodies to give away to our forum members! If you take a look below theres not 1 but 3 NH-D14's to give away, 2 NH-U12P SE2's and 5 Noctua cooling kits!

With prizes like these you must be wondering what the hell you have to do to have a chance of getting your hands on them? Well its all very simple, you just need to be a member of our forums post in this thread and pretty much tell us why you should win. This could be pictures of your current cooling system and why it needs updating, it could be telling us why you think Noctua are epic, hey Im always in the mood for an ego boost tell me too! The possibilties are endless, videos, photos, anything the more effort you put in the better a chance you might have. At the end of August the OC3D team and Noctua will get together and decide who is best....

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-08-10, 03:02 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
My current cooler is a Noctua. It's a bit pants on AMD and therefore I would like to try one of their new coolers just to see if it performs better on AMD.

I love my Noctua, it's the Saab of PC components, but I can't afford to replace it with a more expensive one as it cost me a pretty penny.

There. That's my entry
Old 14-08-10, 03:19 PM

I have a ZALMAN that gives me a load temperature of 82°C at 4GHz with an E5300.

In order for me to actually overclock I need a better cooler

I must say Tom, you're looking mighty fine today
Old 14-08-10, 03:19 PM

Currently using a Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme on the LGA775 platform. It's a great cooler but it is really out of date now and there are much better offerings on the market. I need to keep my system as cool as possible as it is an overclocking rig. I test the maximum potential of the system on air cooling with a low multiplier and maximum FSB wherever possible. The cooler the CPU, the better it works. If I could shave off 5 to 10c using a Noctua I'd be very, very pleased!

Yo, Toonshorty, no spicing up Mr Logan!

I've tested the Noctua NT-H1 and it is a great thermal paste.
Old 14-08-10, 03:22 PM
The Guvnor

Im sure photos, videos and a bit of effort might help everyones chances. A couple of lines of text isnt very impressive

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-08-10, 03:26 PM

I like to run my system fast and quiet and I've spent a ton already trying. Noctua stuff is the best when it comes to quality and noise, I have a NF-P12 and its great. The NH-D14 looks amazing and exactly what I would like to buy if I could afford it right now to replace this:

Old 14-08-10, 03:47 PM

I went from a Zalman something with load temp on 65 celsius it really sucked ! i bought it because it looked cool. then i heard a lot of good stuff about the D-14 so i bought the noctua D-14 and went right down to a max load temp of 37-39 its look amazing and its quiet , and the quality of the fans, damn !. you can just feel that its made by the best = Noctua! it was indeed all the money worth .

im kinda hoping for a third place
Old 14-08-10, 04:03 PM

I wish I had a cool story on why I need 1 of these, but the truth is I dont. I'd love to have a quiet computer, and Im currently in the process of selling my current pc. Im looking at buying either the Silverstone FT02 or a Lianli to replace my ugly haf and having some free high class components inside would be lovely
Old 14-08-10, 04:12 PM

At the moment i'm using a standard AMD cooler and i'd really like to overclock but with a standard cooler.. hmm, i'm not going to risk it,

so it would be really nice if i had a decent cooler (like a Noctua). (:
Old 14-08-10, 04:40 PM

At the end of the month my new shiny computer should arrive. The CPU is an AMD Phenom II x6 1090T.

As soon as I did the purchase I thought to myself: if I want to actually do some overclocking without killing the innocent new CPU I need some better cooling. The options were 3:

1. Watercooling

2. My current cooler for my single core: ASUS Triton 81

3. The Noctua Cooler

- The first option is a bit overkill at the moment and the total cost to get the pump, res, blocks etc is just too much.

- The second option of the Triton 81. Let’s be honest, the cooler is: HORRIBLE. The temperatures are just as bad as a stock cooler. And yes, the thermal paste is well set.

- The third option is and in my opinion the best one: a NH-D14 (or NH-U12P SEZ).

Even if I don’t win this competition I WILL buy one. The reviews both from Tom and other sites are just off the charts! For this new computer I bought the best and will cool it with the best!

CPU : AMD PhenomII x6 Black Edition 1090T @ 3.72GHz

RAM : Corsair Dominator GT, 2x2GB, DDR3-1600 7-7-7-20@1.65V

VC : Asus HD 5870 V2 1GB

MB : Asus Crosshair IV Formula

SSD : Intel X25-M G2 80GB

HDD : Western Digital Caviar Green, 64MB, 2TB

PUS : OCZ Z-Series 850W Gold

Case: Cooler Master RC-840-KKN1-GP ATC 840 - black

3DMark Score P17779 3DMarks