Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 10-08-10, 08:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Well I tried to buy one from Scan for £119 but they sold out the day I went to buy it and then they told me a week later it was discontinued with them....Wonderful

I'd been toying with the idea of getting a mega cheap P55 mobo like the Asus P7P55D standard model for £98 off ebay but then I saw that OverclockersUK were selling the UD5 but at like £135 so didn't bother at the time. I then decided I would bother only to see they were sold out but suddenly had two in the "B Grade" section for £109.

I called up to see why these ones were B Grade and he said that it's likely that they were returned for a refund and they couldn't sell them as new. I was dubious as I'd heard that they sometimes come boxless and with the back panel shield missing.

Anyway I decided to go for it anyway as I'm only using it for 5 - 6 months. Ordered it yesterday and it turned up today. It came in a mankey old brown box and I was worried. I opened that box to find a perfect as new P55-UD5 box inside. I opened that and all the accessories are present and unopened and it didn't look like even the motherboard had been removed.

Gotta say I'm pretty impressed with that. A pretty solid board for a very decent price.

Basically not a very useful post, but I figured I'd share my experience and also that OCUK B Grade stuff isn't all that bad. Infact, mine is as new.

CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 10-08-10, 09:51 PM
Advanced Member

Good for you.

Old 10-08-10, 10:12 PM
OC3D Elite

Ta muchly...

It's not so much about me as OCUK... I've always been pretty wary of them since the old'n days of a large number of very unhappy customers.

It just seems that this number has gone down dramatically as time has moved on. I'm not sure about the after sales services as I haven't had to use them, but I hope it's got better.
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4700mhz - 47 x 100MHz Mobo: MSI P67A GD65 GPU: EVGA GTX 570 RAM: 2 x 4GB Mushkin LV 1.35v 1600MHz DDR3 HDD: 3 x 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3's Case: CoolerMaster ATCS 840 - Custom House of Kolor paint job. PSU: Corsair HX750 Cooling: Custom WC - XSPC Delta V3, PA120.3, DDC Ultra with XSPC Res Top, 3/8" XSPC UV Green Tubing over 1/2" Barbs OS: Windows 7 Enterprise Edition 64-Bit
Old 10-08-10, 11:04 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
B grade has gotten me some absolutely awesome bargains. Once a product has been open and the seals broken it is then illegal to sell it as new.

In Feb of 09 I got a brand new Alienware machine with -

EVGA 680i

Intel C2D E4500

2GB Patriot Viper

750w psu

Raid 0 250gb Baracuda

16x NEC DVDRW

Memory card reader

XFX 8600 GTS

X-fi Xtreme gamer

And whatever else I forgot. It came new in the box with one tiny scratch... £270. Honestly they were giving them away.

Recently I got an Oreck XL vacuum that was a returned QVC item for £90, they're £230 new and two days ago I orderded the Oreck cannister vac for £50 delivered, again £110 on Oreck plus shipping.

You still get your 7 days due to distant selling laws, and I found that if hardware is going to die it'll die quickly. I've sold off most of my original Alienware now (Cyborg green) but I made quite a sum out of that. The motherboard went for £100, case went for £120, CPU £50 and so on.
Old 10-08-10, 11:06 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Oh and OCUK's bad rep was because their owner is a pig. Racist, brash and loves to brag about the money he has made. However, because they are big and powerful they get great deals on old stock etc. I got a Razer Boomslang 07 recently for £35. RRP was £99.