Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 07-08-10, 03:14 PM

Well, what can I say. I just finished it and loved it the whole way though.

It's fairly hard to get into since you've got to fight mutants near the start and your weapons aren't great, your knowledge isn't high either and trust me when I say you need to understand the enemy in this game.

Once you get into the swing of it it's an amazing game, you'll need to learn how to collect artifacts too which the game doesn't actually tell you so if you get stuck on that feel free to post in this thread asking.

I'm just waiting for Artist Pavel's Complete mod and then I'm going to play it all over again with better graphics

Also, to save you money NEVER give anything away. You'll get told by bandits that they've got an injured brother and need an artifact or that that weapon you've got is actually theirs.

If you haven't got this game it can be purchased from Steam for only £19.99, well worth it in my opinion.

If you've got eyefinity this game will be quite literally insane, the landscape panorama in this game is second to none.

http://vader.lunarmania.com/~rende10...2-09-06-53.bmp

In short I'm going to give this game a 92/100 and recommend it you.

- Toonshorty

Old 07-08-10, 03:40 PM
OC3D Elite

so is it like fallout
Old 07-08-10, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDFTW View Post

so is it like fallout
Never played fallout so I couldn't tell you.

Check out some video reviews and walkthroughs, they'll give you an idea of gameplay.
Old 08-08-10, 07:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Quote:

so is it like fallout
Yes. A messy badly coded Fallout.

Infact, I would even go so far as to say they ripped off Fallout 3 completely. There are some wonderful things about Pripyat but not enough. And MDS* is so possible I found it annoying and frustrating.

*MDS = multiple death syndrome.

Had I not played Fallout 3 first I would have liked COP a lot more. I sort of liked the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R but it had some serious flaws (IE all of the AI were crack shots and you were poo) and so on. They seem to have rectified this in COP but IMO it's too little too late. FO3 utterly wipes the floor with it.
Old 08-08-10, 08:07 PM
OC3D Elite

so is it not worth the play just for DX11?
Old 08-08-10, 11:10 PM

Quote:

so is it not worth the play just for DX11?
No. It's really rather ugly to be honest. The textures are very grainy, almost to the point of looking like a hi def ps1 game. There are nice flashes of brilliance but there's absolutely nothing done in it that couldn't be done with DX9 in all honesty. Unless of course I am totally missing something, but it didn't look any better than Shadow of Chernobyl to me.

The best DX11 game (if you have a VERY keen eye) is Dirt 2. Closely followed by Bad Company 2 (but again, you need a very keen eye).
Old 09-08-10, 12:57 AM
OC3D Elite

i no i have not played no DX11 games yet,BFBC 2 is one i would like to play
Old 09-08-10, 06:28 PM

Well if you pinch games give it a look. You may find it to be something that I clearly don't.

Personally I buy all my games and I see it as average at best. Review scores tend to agree with me too.

There are just much better titles out there than this that fall into the same category. For example I got FEAR 2 for £4.60 shipped brand new on Amazon and it pees on this. I know the two are only similar because COP is essentially an RPG but it just feels a bit loose and sloppy. Travelling is really slow and before I knew it I was bored out of my brains. It's also very unforgiving and can be pretty frustrating.