Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] General Forums > OC3D Reviews & Videos

Old 25-06-10, 06:22 PM
The Guvnor

OC3D Week in Words - Episode 1 - Pilot

Like a rampant teenager we are always looking for new things to try, so this is the pilot run of a brand new video blog feature.

Continue Reading

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 25-06-10, 07:52 PM
OC3D Elite

Really good vid, great recap of the week's reviews with your own thoughts and comments. Really like that

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 25-06-10, 09:31 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Asrock are a break off from Asus to make cheap motherboards. Cheap being the operative word tbh.

Asus like putting labels all over their boards too although they have calmed down a bit recently but Asrock took the idea from Asus.

Mushkin. Founded Colorado 1994 and began making mac memory.. So yeah, deffo a yank thing

Are you going to get an infraction for swearing? At least you know I watched it all and was paying attention

Do any of the new Rads go over 70c? Man you would have to push one hard for that..

Deffo hear ya on the Vantage thing. I got 200 more points for 100 extra mhz over the 5770s. Good to know though, means that you can reach the absolute limits.

Good video and not a single mention of Noctua, phew
Old 25-06-10, 10:00 PM
The Guvnor

The 5000 series do easily go over 70 if the fans are set to 50% as we ALWAYS do. I do know the back ground for asrock but I said what needed to be said tbh.

Mushkin are yank based but you can get the kit in the UK. Ive got preaty good mates with one of the guys there anywaysand its always good to test kit thats not the first name youd think of. Mushkin redline ram was epic!

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 25-06-10, 10:08 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tinytomlogan'
The 5000 series do easily go over 70 if the fans are set to 50% as we ALWAYS do. I do know the back ground for asrock but I said what needed to be said tbh.

Mushkin are yank based but you can get the kit in the UK. Ive got preaty good mates with one of the guys there anywaysand its always good to test kit thats not the first name youd think of. Mushkin redline ram was epic!
Dude I totally agree about Asrock. I would never buy one of their 'top end' boards because tbh they have already created a rod for their own back by being such a budget company. They are terrible overclockers because of their cut down cheap components and caps. Without overclocking? great boards. Do far more than other budget boards.

There was a massive row on the Alienware forum once. Basically some of the people who brought Area 51s took them apart, found they had Mushkin ram and went bezerk thinking it was crap because they had never heard of Mushkin before hahaha.
Old 26-06-10, 02:18 AM
Advanced Member

I may be a little tipsy whilst writinh thins, but that was a pretty good summary for the week, definately better than anything ive seen anywhere else before anyway! If keepin g this going is in question at all, its definately got my vote for continuing, a great round up and down to earth wording, spot on
Old 26-06-10, 08:17 AM

Great video recap of week look forward to seeing this regularly and Love the word of the week!
Old 26-06-10, 09:11 AM
OC3D Crew

Awesome vid, "****ing huge great big of copper here..." caught me off guard, nearly spat my morning tea out with laughter. Seriously though, great idea making a weekly round-up. Well looking forward to the Rampage III Gene review now especially if it's got the looks of the extreme, but still good performance for mATX like its' predecessor. Once again, good work my man.

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14
Old 26-06-10, 11:52 AM
OC3D Elite

tom swearing mate .. Had to rewind that a couple of times cos i thought WTH then PMSL.
Old 26-06-10, 12:19 PM
OC3D Elite

Send a message via MSN to BloomerzUK
I went back to the swearing to.. even though I don't care about it, I think the swearing should be to a minimum for a profressional manner.. I sound like a Grandad but I suppose it's true.

Liking the video though Tom.