Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 15-06-10, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

"Microsoft" Cold Call

I just had some Indian call me up because i had supposedly clicked sent a report to Microsoft after a program crash!!!!

I had supposedly therefore got some malware or virus on my computer, and this man wouldnt kindly give me free anti virus updates for life, and quickly sort out my problem!!!!

O...but this was all once i had given him Remote Access to my PC..

I played with him for a few minutes, asking him the most ridiculous questions, mainly because i was bored, and it would give him less time to ring people

But after a while i got bored and told him to stick it where the sun don't shine!

I can think of so many people that would believe this, quite scary really

And btw, their site was "itezy.net" I think i could make a more convincing one in more than 10mins

Old 15-06-10, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

You should get their phone number too and report it if you can. There's a site on the web you can put, but there must be somewhere more official to report stuff like this, as it's clearly an attempt to defraud you or other less savvy individuals of their cash.
Old 15-06-10, 01:56 PM
OC3D Elite

I got a call from an indian chappy claiming to be from MS...I told him indeed that I had been experiencing crashes, then said I would put him on hold to talk to my supervisor. I think somewhere in the next ten minutes of me putting the phone in front of the stereo "on hold" he got the message

i7 3930K 4.5GHz -EK Supreme HF- Rampage IV Extreme EK Blocks - 32GB 1600MHz RAM - 680GTX SLI Koolance Blocks - Creative Titanium Pro - TJ07B-W - TCubed BigNG - 240GB SSD - 3TB HD - Dual Loop
Old 15-06-10, 03:23 PM
OC3D Elite

Ha that's ridiculous. It amazes me how much time people will dedicate to just trying to scam you out of money. Get a real job, be a benefit to society.

G.Skill DDR2-800

Abit FP-IN9

BFG 8800GTS 630/1000

Seagate 360GB and 160GB SATA II 7200 RPM

Cooler Master iGreen 500w Power Supply