Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat

Old 14-06-10, 07:10 PM
OC3D Elite

Need for speed world reveled

need for speed world is set to be relesed in july this year,it looks like its bck to the streets so its more of a most wanted look,ither way ime looking forward to it.

http://world.needforspeed.com/

some requriements info

http://www.buzz99.com/641/need-for-s...-requirements/

Old 14-06-10, 07:41 PM
OC3D Elite

i liked what they done with shift cause i was just bored of the same old from those games sad to see them going back in that direction when they have shown what a great game they could make

Intel Core i7 @ 4ghz and rising!

Noctua NH-D14 - Samsung F3 1TB - Asus P6X58D Premium - 12GB Corsair XMS3 1600

Zotac GTX580 at 895/1790/4200 @ 1030v (1000mv stock @ 772 core) - Corsair TX850 - Corsair 700D

Old 14-06-10, 07:55 PM

Send a message via MSN to F-alienware
I am still waiting for NFSU3. Doesn't look like I am about to get my wish.

Everything since NFSU2 IMO has been second rate. The first two set the mark and then the series has gradually gone downhill since. Shift was OK but the buzz wore off fast.
Old 14-06-10, 09:09 PM
OC3D Elite

i agree i loved the underground series especialy the 106 ha ha,well lets hope they go backwards even more to underground three as like i said this looks like a remake of most wanted
Old 14-06-10, 09:13 PM
The Guvnor

Ive been beta'ing this for a few months now, it does seem pretty good. very arcadey though.

Early versions have felt a bit empty, will be much better with a better online interface.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 14-06-10, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='AMDFTW'
i agree i loved the underground series especialy the 106 ha ha,well lets hope they go backwards even more to underground three as like i said this looks like a remake of most wanted
As soon as they added the police chases it was wrecked IMO. Most wanted was OK. Not fantastic and certainly couldn't even hold a candle to NFSU2 but just OK.

And it steadily got worse. I mean Pro Street? as Harry Enfield would have said Wot the bluddy 'ell was all that abart?.

Welded steering columns and wheelies? turn it in.

Shift seemed utterly amazing at first. Then it seemed to expose it's silly side the more it went on. Shame really. Undercover? Oh dear oh dear. The less said about that the better.
Old 15-06-10, 02:43 AM
OC3D Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tinytomlogan'
Ive been beta'ing this for a few months now, it does seem pretty good. very arcadey though.

Early versions have felt a bit empty, will be much better with a better online interface.
yer ive just applyd for beta testing ime still pending
Old 15-06-10, 07:15 AM
Advanced Member

Im like you guys, kinda wanting underground 3! But they'd def have to include a tier system like in shift, the 106 beating skylines and supras was just a bit wrong haha.

But yea, World is looking alright so far. I mainly play Forza for driving but have bought pretty much every NFS game since underground, just a bit more of a laugh, tend to be quite enjoyable.
Old 15-06-10, 10:44 AM

We should start a world wide petition. The only thing is with EA's recent track record we would only end up getting something commercially viable and not much game.

They seem to have given up caring about making good games and have been spending time making things that they think will sell. Big mistake.
Old 15-06-10, 12:35 PM
Advanced Member

I've been beta testing this for a couple of months too, and it's a lot like Underground 2/Carbon etc as opposed to Shift/Prostreet. The game is way too arcade I think, and there's a large emphasis on online racing. The beta has had its fair share of bugs too, but it's improving. At first there were many show-stoppers which I won't go into, but they're mostly sorted. In short, it's not for me, but it is for the mass market, and will probably be sold as such. If you want something original, look elsewhere, there are many better racing games on the horizon at this point.