Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > New Build Advice

Old 31-05-10, 06:23 PM

HP Pavillion DV6700 Problem

Hey all I've owned my DV6700 for around 2 years now and over the past few months when turning on and booting up it makes 3 beep sounds, 1 long and 2 short and I just have an entire black screen, all the lights on the keyboard part are on, but the screen isn't.

I have to turn it on and off numerous times and when it finally does come on, it shows either restore (recommended) or startup normally, I've done the restore and it still happens.

I also decided to restore it back to factory settings, all was fine until I the Laptop was updated BIOS etc and then it starts having the same problem...

So was just wondering if there was any way of fixing this and also should I restore back to factory settings and not update the BIOS as it may be causing the laptop to not work properly.

Thanks in advance,

slakey

Old 31-05-10, 09:03 PM
The Guvnor

First thing to try is the Bios fella. I had something similar and a bios update fixed it for me. Just search it out on the HP support site.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 01-06-10, 01:30 AM

Right well I went into the BIOS and done the memory test to see if anything was wrong, and it came up completely fine. System restarted and the beeps were still there.

Will look into more methods tomorrow but will most likely try restoring to factory settings and then updating the BIOS one by one to find out which one it is that causes this problem.
Old 02-06-10, 12:02 PM

Messed up really bad last night after I installed the first BIOS. Now yet again restoring to factory settings.

Will I be able to use my laptop okay without updating the BIOS?