Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 25-04-10, 08:09 AM

Problem with Gigabyte x58a-UD5 and Antec 1200

I was wondering if anyone has both of these and tried using the front audio ports on the antec case. I am having issues where if I plug either my mic or headphones it works and the correct port is highlighted correctly on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. But when I plug into the 2nd port (either mic or headphone) it says its part of the subwoofer on the Realtek HD Audio Manager. Now I have gone to their site and downloaded their latest driver.

I noticed some people were having issues aswell, but never came to a solution. So my last hope is here

Thanks for the time to answer back and I hope i posted this in the right section.

Old 26-04-10, 06:54 AM
OC3D Crew

HD Audio usually allows for speaker/mic ports to be reconfigured as other things so for example on my front ports my Mic can become rear speakers and the spare speaker port can be the front center speaker allowing me to have 5.1 surround. I'd like to assume this was also the case with your issue and that in the Realtek Audio Manager you should be able to change which port does what once you've plugged in the jacks and they have been detected. Other than that, I'm really not sure.

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14
Old 26-04-10, 06:57 AM

Yeah, it is jsut wierd how it picks subwoofer automatically for me. I just exchanged Antec 1200 cases and it's still doing it. Could it be the driver?

Thanks for the info.
Old 26-04-10, 07:23 AM
OC3D Crew

Just checked the antec site, and the 1200 i/o ports are deffo HD Audio so it's not a compatibility issue there. Did you try changing the subwoofer option in the Audio Manager or did it not work / not let you? If it doesn't I'd probably assume that it is a driver related issue, but I'm no expert.

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14
Old 26-04-10, 07:26 AM

Yeah I tried changing it in the HD Audio Manager, but since it keeps saying my connection is plugged in / not plugged in, it auto chooses subwoofer and wont let me click anything. =( My guess is its the driver, because the motherboard looks fine. I emailed Realtek, so hopefully they send me a response.

Thanks for all your help I really appreciate it.
Old 26-04-10, 07:30 AM
OC3D Crew

Weird it won't let you change it, the whole multi-function of ports is one of the more useful things about front HDA ports, so it probably is the driver. Well that's lame. Sorry I couldn't be more help dude. Hope Realtek are able to sort it out for you.