Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Graphics & Displays > Graphics Cards

Old 06-03-10, 03:51 PM
OC3D Elite

GTX 480 Unigine and 3D Vision Surround Demo (GF100)

Looks cool.

Old 06-03-10, 06:18 PM
OC3D Elite

nice
Old 07-03-10, 12:02 PM
OC3D Elite

Unigine engine results for the newest nVidia cards are going to produce ~fantastic~ results which I believe should be held in similar contempt to comparing 3dMark results versus real-life gaming. I'm almost positive the current driverset (non public) are tuned specifically to shine in Unigine.

Old 10-03-10, 10:03 PM

nice :P
Old 11-03-10, 03:50 PM

Send a message via ICQ to J0s3e
Too late though, nVidia lost many potential customers with launch of Ati's 5xxx cards.
Old 13-03-10, 02:12 AM
Advanced Member

Indeed, nvidia are definitely late to the game this time, though for a multitude of reasons it would seem. Bad timing is what it comes down to. I don't think ATI are home free yet though. Supply has been scarce, and prices high. Plus, no game recently released has really pushed DX11 or general performance to a level where upgrading from the last set of cards is really worthwhile. In my opinion of course.

If the GF100 doesn't come out the factory with performance to immediately superceed ATI, I believe that in the months following, driver updates are really going to make the difference. It's amazing how much the performance of the G80 and G92 chips has been optimised over the last few years, and this shows with a lot of people still using 8800GT's for example. This hasn't been the case with ATI, and they still have issues plaguing a lot of the new 5xxx series that remain unresolved quite a while after first being discovered. Nvidia seem to have been quicker at sorting these things out and boosting performance.

Things may well change, but don't be surprised if a lot of people are still holding out for the GF100.
Old 25-03-10, 07:22 PM

Alot of different consumers out there, the ones that can afford anything at anytime and well the ones who cant. Cant forget about those "fanboys" either :P Personally will be sticking with my 5850 till my next build.
Old 26-03-10, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='alexhull24'
Indeed, nvidia are definitely late to the game this time, though for a multitude of reasons it would seem. Bad timing is what it comes down to. I don't think ATI are home free yet though. Supply has been scarce, and prices high. Plus, no game recently released has really pushed DX11 or general performance to a level where upgrading from the last set of cards is really worthwhile. In my opinion of course.

If the GF100 doesn't come out the factory with performance to immediately superceed ATI, I believe that in the months following, driver updates are really going to make the difference. It's amazing how much the performance of the G80 and G92 chips has been optimised over the last few years, and this shows with a lot of people still using 8800GT's for example. This hasn't been the case with ATI, and they still have issues plaguing a lot of the new 5xxx series that remain unresolved quite a while after first being discovered. Nvidia seem to have been quicker at sorting these things out and boosting performance.

Things may well change, but don't be surprised if a lot of people are still holding out for the GF100.
What about Just cause 2? it's dropped support for Direct X 9 and it's a really good game, many people will be replacing DX9 cards with DX10 or DX11, including me because my HD2900 has problems in DX10 and I just *edit* it up so I'm getting a 5770 1GB while it's on deal...hopefully I get my money in time.