Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Hardware & Software > Software Section > Games

Old 04-02-10, 05:21 AM

Recommend Action RPG Games

I'm playing Borderlands at the moment with a friend and am loving it!

But I need another game to play single player so what would people suggest in the Action RPG niche?

Gears of war is another one of my favorites because of the game-play but doesn't have the RPG aspect... Also just finished splinter cell and am looking forward to the next due to the strategy involved... can be frustrating sometimes though!

I used to be into fantasy type games like Diablo but haven't found any to be all that great on 360... yet...

Old 04-02-10, 09:56 AM
OC3D Elite

Mass Effect series. The First one is alot more RPG than shooter, whereas the second one has alot more action in it, but I would suggest playing the first one to have *your* story as you can import your save into the second one with all your choices.
Old 04-02-10, 11:51 AM
Advanced Member

Yea I was going to suggest Mass Effect. Only played the first one, but have played through it a few times now and still think its a great game.

What are you looking to play these on? Guessing the 360 as thats mentioned in your post?
Old 10-02-10, 05:57 PM

+1 for Mass Effect. Haven't played the second, since my pc can't really handle it.

For PC, I'd suggest STALKER: Call of Pripyat. I'm playing it right now and I can tell you, that it's the best in the series. No bugs, A-Life works etc. And it's been released in English now, so what are you waiting for?

There's also Bioshock 2, but I haven't tried it, so no idea on that one. I'm wondering myself, is it any good...
Old 11-02-10, 09:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Fallout?
Old 12-02-10, 09:51 AM
OC3D Elite

Fallout 3. Oblivion.

Although neither can be really classed as an RPG. Unless you use the definition that allows Pong to also be an RPG.

Personally for genuine action RPG stylings, I'd recommend The Witcher Enhanced (best game in ages) or Dragon Age Origins (also truly brilliant).
Old 12-02-10, 06:26 PM
OC3D Elite

Dead Space?

Formerly Known as siravarice
Old 13-02-10, 09:10 PM
OC3D Elite

!

Old 14-02-10, 07:00 PM
OC3D Elite

Another vote for Mass Effect 1 & 2. I've just finished playing through the second and I have to say it's excellent, as a shooter it works quite well and it has the RPG elements by the bucketload along with a great story.

And +1 for Fallout 3, I quite enjoyed it myself.

Dragon Age Origins and Oblivion are another two very good ones, if you like the fantasy setting.

Old 14-02-10, 08:43 PM
OC3D Elite

finished mass effect 2 and going through it again, but this time im going to actually save all my team mates at the end haha!.

really deep game and very enjoyable. and the price beats any current game on the market considering the amount of time and big the crew was to develop the damn thing, ending credits took atleast 10 mins to finish

Laptop
[i7-4710MQ | 16GB | 500GB SEVO | GTX 860M]