Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Suggestions

Old 02-02-10, 10:31 PM
OC3D Crew

Incentive for F@H

I was wondering, seeing as I've noticed (according to F@H stats) that interest in folding for OC3D has dwindled somewhat with the points average down to 17k/day and rival teams catching up quickly, whether some kind of incentive could be created.

I'm not thinking anything massive, but say you did it on a monthly (or less???) basis and you have to contribute at least 4/5 work units (so one a week) and you'd be entered into a small draw to win small items, such as thermal paste, case fans and the like.

Just thought it might help get people folding again and bump us back up seeing as some other teams are catching us up by as much as 90k/day!

Please feel free to ignore this idea as I'm folding no matter what :rocker:

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14
Old 03-02-10, 06:45 AM
OC3D Elite

Good idea! I think I've seen something similar on overclock.net but I'm not sure. I think it would get people to fold. (I don't fold since my mum wouldn't appreciate the electricity bill if I'd leave my PC on all day and my GPU is shit anyway but yeah..
Old 03-02-10, 08:11 AM
OC3D Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='killablade'
Good idea! I think I've seen something similar on overclock.net but I'm not sure. I think it would get people to fold.
Yeah I'd heard of other forums doing something similar and it seems to work. I know Custom PC has slightly bigger prizes, but thats cos they're a huge company who sells magazines and everything. I'm not suggesting such a grand scale, just a little fun incentive. Maybe a lucky dip? Get a bag of random items and you could just get lucky one day lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='killablade'
I don't fold since my mum wouldn't appreciate the electricity bill if I'd leave my PC on all day and my GPU is shit anyway but yeah..
Lol the GPU client hates my computer, called it UNSTABLE. I know its bad, it's a two and a half year old laptop and theres a MAHOOSIVE gap between then and now, not sure it would cope with GPU anyways, I'm one of the lucky ones with the Mobile 8 series that dies if you give it something to do, I deliberately bought extra warranty after it died the second time, so I just do the CPU client which is slower, but safer for me and still gets me a nice chunk of points every so often.

Core i7 930 / Asus Rampage III Gene / Corsair HX850 / GTX460 448 Twin Frozr III / Noctua NH-D14