Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Cooling Forum > Liquid Cooling

Old 17-01-10, 12:25 PM
OC3D Elite

Corsair H50

Hi Guys

I have been looking round for a review on the Corsair H50, Can't seem to find one, Just wondered what you guys thought of it, as many friends have asked me about it??

Is it a good piece of kit???

Thanks

Hay

Late 2012 - 13" Macbook Pro
Old 17-01-10, 02:07 PM
The Guvnor

Review coming soon hayles, but the Corsair blurb is is just a tiny bit better than a TRUE 120. It should NOT be mistaken for a watercooling kit, its just a posh aircooler really.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 17-01-10, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

They don't offer performance relative to their price when compared to air cooling basically (which is what they're comparable to) in my opinion. They're more or less as good as the best air coolers, but cost a bit more, and have the added complication of radiator mounting and possible leaking etc. That is rare though, but not unheard of. I don't think their lifetime is as long as an air cooler either, there's a pump and liquid to cause problems there, and with it being a sealed unit, it can't be refilled, though Corsair claim it shouldn't ever need refilling as it is sealed.

In terms of noise, I can't see how there'd be much improvement over air, as you've got to use push-pull on the rad to get the best results, which is pretty much what you'd be using on a TRUE for example. Then there's the pump too, with some people reporting 'buzzing' from that.

For a cheap (and limited) foray into the world of watercooling, the price is great. You can tell all your friends you have a watercooled rig (probably why most people buy it tbh) and therefore score some points on that level.

There are plenty of reviews on the net after a google, take your pic.
Old 17-01-10, 02:16 PM
The Guvnor

These should not be considered in the same league as watercooling Alex, even Corsair stress that fact, they perform like aircoolers and are priced to be in that market aswell. Ill be putting one up against a CoolerMaster V8 very soon

Old 17-01-10, 06:36 PM
Advanced Member

Indeed, I wanted to stress that too so added the brackets in the first sentence of my post.

The TRUE is at the same price as the V8, but from what I've read, outperforms it. Of course, you'll need a fan with that too, but I think a comparison with the H50 really needs a TRUE since it seems to be regarded as the daddy. The Noctua NH-U12P is also a fave of mine, pretty much the same price as the H50 though, I'm sure they must trade blows in performance, depending on the amount of airflow your case has.
Old 17-01-10, 10:28 PM

Do you have any plans in the short/medium term for reviews of the Noctua NH-D14 ?

Advance orders are being taken at a local etailer here offering a discount (10%) for early uptake. Even with discount it is priced about 55% higher than the TRUE Rev.C (which ships with no fan/s) and about 25-30% higher than the Prolimatech offerings. So was hoping to read a decent review of it's cooling ability and any possible component fit conflicts. Cheers.
Old 18-01-10, 08:17 AM
The Guvnor

Quick answer is no mate but Ill see what I can do.

Old 18-01-10, 11:33 PM

Cheers. A few sites have reviews up but they either contradict each other or they're testing against average air coolers-not a fair fight.
Old 31-03-10, 08:27 PM

fitted my H50 a few days ago, doubled up on the fans on each side of the radiator and i'm really chuffed with the results, my i7 920 overclocked to 4000mhz (first time i've ever overclocked a pc for myself) temperatures between 39~40 and under prime95 stress i was hitting just over 70

regarding noise I've got 2 quiet 120mms and I think its v quiet compared to my old heatsink, I tried buying another fan with a higher airflow rate and it don't seem to drop the temps for the noise increase

I'm looking at going down the "proper" watercooling path though soon but the H50 is deffo worth it in my eyes
Old 30-04-10, 12:34 AM

Just got my H50 today with two Ultra kaze Scythe's @ 2000 rpm, should keep the temps good and low.