Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Off Topic > Off Topic Chat > Serious Discussion

Old 07-01-10, 12:56 PM
OC3D Elite

Where to start/look for part time IT career

Basically I'm finding my current part time job really unfulfilling and I know I'm lucky to have a job at all but Spar really isn't what I want.

I just want any IT associated job for about 20 hours a week or something whilst I do my HND. Looking on the direct.gov job centre thing all the jobs anywhere near what I want are like an hour drive away!

Where do you reckon to start/talk to?

Old 07-01-10, 01:07 PM
OC3D Elite

Have a look at some agencies, most of which are web orientated these days. Many, by the way they operate, have u sign up to them, include ur cv/requirements, and go out to find or present u with placement opportunities.

Key thing being, alot of them get paid a finders fee for getting u into a place, so it's in their interests to find something.

I'm not sure, but I would imagine that specifying that ur looking for a place in the industry, whilst at the same time are studying, isn't an impossibility.

Reid are a name I know off the top of my head. It's by no means a recomendation or anything, but even looking around their site u can get the feel of what 'an' agency may be able to do for u.

Alot of companies simply need some1 not scared to change a mouse and keyboard - install a pc and monitor - asist a small number of users on a simple basis. Money I can't see being terrifc, but part-time is what it is, and ofc it's experience to add to that cv.

Old 07-01-10, 01:13 PM
OC3D Elite

Exactly what I want really

I dont care if im getting paid as little as spar, as long as its IT related (somewhat interesting rather than standing around on a till all day), ya know

I'll go to the local connexions and see what they say and also check out these agencies

Cheers