Go Back   Overclock3D Forums > [OC3D] Processors & Platforms > Mainboard & CPU

Old 07-01-10, 12:06 PM

new socket 1366 motherboads for 2010?

Does anyone know if there will be any new 1366 mobo's shown at CES 2010, or better if anyone knows for a fact someone is bringing out a new wave of 1366 mobo's?

thx

Old 07-01-10, 12:17 PM
OC3D Elite

Both Zotac and ASUS are showing off goods at the CES, but tbh, with it being more of a consumer based show, their products will be the likes of ION and ATOM, Tegra based little gadgety-esq or laptop/palmtop/ereader/tablet, mobile thingies.

It'd be rare to have circuit board type stuff on show, but that doesn't mean they won't make announcements or something in their own press areas.

Old 07-01-10, 06:22 PM

Got deep pockets ?

EVGA are showing a dual socket board at CES.

8 phase digital PWM + 3 phase power per socket, XL-ATX form factor (same as the 4 way Classified), 2 x NF200 bridge chips, 7 x PCIex16 slots, 6 x SATA, 2 x SATA 6Gb, eSATA. Looks great for folding.

CES will be the official unveiling for H55 (and possibly H57/Q57) boards from the usual suspects (Asus, Gigabyte, EVGA etc...), Most of the new revision X58 boards are already in the retail channel, which would leave MSI's Fuzion P55 offering as the main unreleased point of interest due to the Hydra chip implementation.
Old 07-01-10, 08:08 PM

i was thinking something around the Asus p6t SE price range..... as there's not much competition for the p6t series for the money, so i would of thought DFI, gigabyte, foxconn may of picked up on this.
Old 08-01-10, 02:23 AM

I think DFI are getting out of the ATX consumer mobo market-concentrating on the mATX and hybrid Ion boards.

Foxconn don't know what they're doing from one minute to the next. Between the fallout from their LGA1156 socket woes and the complete non-availablilty of their Flaming Blade and Blood Rage boards they're a bit of a basket case.

Gigabyte on the other hand I would have thought would have something as they usually have a model at every price point in direct competition with Asus. In mainstream series (P55/P45/P35/P965) they would have a DS3P/UD3P in the P6T SE price bracket but Gigabyte never release that feature level in enthusiast boards (X58/X48/X38)- Pity EVGA aren't priced competitively outside of the U.S.
Old 08-01-10, 02:50 AM
The Guvnor

Gigabyte have the X58 UD7 due out. We should have a review up before the end of the month.

If you recommend a product LINK THE REVIEW

Get along or run along. Your choice
Old 08-01-10, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='tinytomlogan'
Gigabyte have the X58 UD7 due out. We should have a review up before the end of the month.
Looking forward to it.

I notice a few early adopters of the board are finding it a bit buggy. Hopefully the BIOS has matured some by the time you get your hands on it.
Old 08-01-10, 12:36 PM

alot of motherboards are buggy on there first release state to be fare, but it don't take long for firmware and BIOS updates to come out.

so there is pertty much nothing that we know of to take on the P6T SE then?
Old 11-01-10, 11:23 AM

I was hoping for native USB3 for my next build. Seems more attention is being paid to the 1156 socket so far.
Old 11-01-10, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by name='Quantum.Entanglement'
I was hoping for native USB3 for my next build. Seems more attention is being paid to the 1156 socket so far.
The present native P55 based solutions seem like a compromise at best as they rob PCI lanes from the graphics card/s (Gigabyte) or PCIex1 lanes using the PEX PLX8613 PCIe bridge chip -which also doesn't give full bandwidth (Asus), which is probably why the Rampage III Extreme is being launched-to use the smoke-and-mirrors NF200 chip in order to have full SATA 6Gb and USB3.0 functionality without crippling the add-in card options.

Either way you look at it SATA 6Gb and USB3.0 are going to be expensive. Both in the hardware optimising the tech, and the platform that can utilise it to it's potential- X58 or an uber-expensive P55 + bridge chip.